Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assorted feature Requests  (Read 3356 times)

NilsJeppe

• Coppermine newbie
Assorted feature Requests
« on: January 20, 2005, 09:16:33 am »

Hi guys,

Been using Coppermine for a few months now - haven't gotten around to really rip it apart to make it more in line with my site's design, but I really like the usability etc. However, I found a few points I think you should consider. There's no way I am going to read up on all previous posts, so please forgive me if I am suggesting dupes.

- Don't autolink URLs in comments (Spam prevention)
- Save the score of a vote (this doesn't seem to be the case when I look at the DB table, which really surprises me - is it hidden somewhere?)
- Save IP with comments and vote (VERY important!)
- Allow commenters to add url/email address to their name
- Don't make voting "buttons" normal links. Someone who will mirror the entire site, or index it, may be "clicking" on all of them

Thanks,
- Nils

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Assorted feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 02:46:13 pm »

Posting more than one request at a time makes it hard to track requests, we have a "one issue per thread" policy for that particular reason...

- Don't autolink URLs in comments (Spam prevention)
will be considered

- Save IP with comments and vote (VERY important!)
With dynamic IP addresses in use all over the place? What for?

- Allow commenters to add url/email address to their name[/url]Would require changes in db structure, not an option imo. Only allowing registered users to comment seems to be the best workaround imo.

- Don't make voting "buttons" normal links. Someone who will mirror the entire site, or index it, may be "clicking" on all of them
True, being discussed atm in bugs board and will hopefully be changed.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.