Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: user galleries viewable by admin at all times?  (Read 4047 times)

Patrick

• Coppermine newbie
user galleries viewable by admin at all times?
« on: January 18, 2005, 04:08:12 pm »

I noticed that some of our members have created albums in the "user galleries" section, and they have probably set it to be viewed only by themselves or something like that because they do not show up in the list, not even for the administrators.

I believe admins should have the possibility to see everything, so is there a way to change this?

jmc

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.hartlepoolcameraclub.co.uk
Re: user galleries viewable by admin at all times?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 05:04:23 pm »

If you have concerns that they mat be uploading unsuitable material, you could set Upload Approval for private albums to Yes in the Groups panel.
I'm trying hard... at least!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 06:07:12 pm »

This is a bug that occurred in a previous version, I thought fixed.  But anyway, this only happens when the album is empty, the moment they put a pic in there, you can see, edit or delete the album/pics.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Patrick

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 07:59:57 pm »

We do have the latest version.
The thing is that I do not want to make the users wait for an approval, but it would be good to have access to all files nevertheless, also the ones which are empty.
Is there any way to fix this?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 08:13:20 pm »

Are you sure you are in admin mode.

Please state what you call the latest version.

As I said, you will/do have admin access to all files uploaded.  If you can't see them yet, it is because they are empty.  A link would help.

It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Patrick

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 11:15:30 pm »

Yes, I am in admin mode, and our version is 1.3.2

I do realize that it's originally not possible to see albums which are empty, but that's what I mean, is there a way to change this so that even empty albums can be visible for admins? We seem to have several members who have created new albums but they remain empty, and since we don't get to see them, we can't do anything about it either and we don't even know who they belong to.

The url to our album is http://www.thecatspalace.com/album/

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 11:10:30 am »

Well this does have me a bit perplexed, because this was something that happened in earlier versions, but is fixed in 1.3.2.

I cannot replicate this on my own installs.  Did you upgrade from an older version?

Anyway, there was a workaround to find and edit/delte these phantom albums.  Open the album edit properties box of one of the albums you can see. 

In the top right is the album name drop down box.  Use this to switch to the 'invisible' albums, and delete them.

Patrick

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 03:14:31 pm »

That appears to work fine, and will do just fine for the time being, thank you very much!

To answer your question, it was a clean first-time installation, no mods were added and no code was changed (apart from the template of course). Would the bridge between phpBB have anything to do with it perhaps?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.