Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Adding Categories Receiving Error  (Read 3619 times)

Kinsey

• Coppermine newbie
Problem Adding Categories Receiving Error
« on: January 18, 2005, 11:56:37 am »

I'm not quite sure if this post should go in Installation & Setup, since it doesn't have to do with being installed I suppose, and it doesn't have to do with uploading pictures.

I did a search using the error I was getting and found this topic featuring the same problem I had, but I didn't see a solution.

I used Fantastico to set up the boards on my server, and have been busy making categories, uploading pictures for the majority of the night.  I received this error when trying to make a new category:

" function confirmDel(catName) { return confirm("Are you sure you want to DELETE this category (" + catName + ") ?"); } "

A friend logged into the admin account and was able to see the category pages just fine, even though I wasn't.  I deleted the boards (more on accident when uninstalling 4images) and decided to just reinstall them figuring it was a glitch.  Everything was working fine for awhile and then the error popped back up.  When the error pops up, I cannot add any new categories, as that shows up on the page instead of the menu.  Also, when I click random links sometimes the page will show up as the page source, and not the page, or it will show up without the style.css into affect.

As asked in the previous post -- I was using Hardwired theme when it happened, and I switched to Classic.  The category page worked and I went to make a new category and the error showed up -- but still created the category.  However, I cannot go back to the page.

My page -- http://www.altvoice.com/iconic/

Any solutions?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem Adding Categories Receiving Error
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 07:23:01 am »

Fantastico builds have been reported to differ from the original coppermine code. When you re-installed coppermine, did you use the fantastico build or the code that can be downloaded from sf.net ?
Try getting a fresh copy of catmgr.php from the web cvs (stable branch) and see if this helps: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/coppermine/stable/catmgr.php
Please report back (it's a pity the other user on the thread you were refering to didn't reply :-\\).

Joachim

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 09:50:21 am »

Fantastico builds have been reported to differ from the original coppermine code.

Yes this is very true. I operate a web-hosting company and within Fantastico you can install CPG by a click of the mouse. A few of my customers ended up opening up trouble tickets to report that CPG was giving them all sorts of errors. When I compared CPG's files from a fresh installation from Fantastico to a fresh installation from SF.net, I was shocked by how many differences there were! Best bet Kinsey, just DL CPG from sf.net and install it manually. It takes about 2 minutes to install and you know it will work.

--OmegaGOD
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Kinsey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 11:10:15 am »

After downloading the file and replacing the catmgr, it still didn't work.

So, deleted the folder, downloaded a fresh batch from SF, and then installed it again.  Installation was good for awhile, the style.css stopped working so the links were the blue default times-new-roman ones and the index page was screwed up even if I used Hardwired.  I got all the main categories up and when I started adding sub categories at #71 when I went for #72, the error popped up again.

Switching to "Classic" theme does nothing.  The error still pops up, and for some reason the style.css still doesn't work.

ADDITION:  I asked a friend to log in and try adding a category and she was able to do it just fine.  The style.css worked, and so did adding it.  When I tried, the style.css showed up when I refreshed, and then immediately disappeared when I tried to go to categories -- which still wasn't working.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 11:21:32 am by Kinsey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.