Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xp_publish when used with multiple galleries  (Read 3906 times)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
xp_publish when used with multiple galleries
« on: September 23, 2004, 08:21:22 pm »

I have found that I need to activate the registry key of the gallery that I want to use since the Wizard doesn't list all of them. That is, I have to merge the respective registry key of my local CPG or remote CPG installation when testing either of them. This could be confusing for users who want to upload to multiple CPG galleries.

Also, due to the randomness of the registry key name, we can't tell by looking at the key's name to which gallery it belongs.

xp_publish is such a neat tool to use. :) It really helps to simplify the process of adding photos (once the kinks get worked out).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 05:13:29 am by TranzNDance »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: xp_publish when used with multiple galleries
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 09:03:11 pm »

The registry key used to be the same for each and every install of coppermine, so installing one from one gallery, overwrote any existing one.  The timestamp was added to make all unique, so this did not happen.

As the registry key contains the gallery name, perhaps we can utilise this instead of a timestamp.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 09:25:51 pm »

That must be it, then. The gallery name was the same for my local and remote galleries. When I renamed the local edition, both entries showed up in the list.

So, how about incorporating the domain name or something to prevent conflicts? For example, people on different domains could be naming their galleries "Family Photos" and uploaders would then run into the same issue I did. How about something like "GalleryName on DomainName"?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 09:34:17 pm by TranzNDance »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 05:13:14 am »

I guess the combination of gallery name and description makes it less likely that there will be conflicts. I'll mark this invalid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.