Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ImageMagick path acting up.  (Read 5312 times)

Akaroo

• Coppermine newbie
ImageMagick path acting up.
« on: January 18, 2005, 03:42:00 am »

Alright...

Asked my provider where they installed imagemagick/GD to, they said /program files/imagemagick.
> Doesn't work, can't have spaces as I found out from another post

Downloaded the binaries and installed them to the root web directory:  c:\users\sitedata\akaroo\web\
> Final path is File: c:\users\sitedata\akaroo\web\imagemagick\  but I get this error from debug mode:

Code: [Select]
Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: -1

Cmd line :
c:\users\sitedata\akaroo\web\imagemagick\convert -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 100x75 "modules\coppermine\albums\userpics\10002\jubaca_sheep~1.jpg" "modules\coppermine\albums\userpics\10002\thumb_jubaca_sheep~1.jpg"

Now, the only thing that looks wrong to me is that it's not 'convert.exe' but maybe that's not needed. That path is exactly where I uploaded the files to.

So basically, I installed ImageMagick to c:\users\sitedata\akaroo\web\imagemagick\ and told coppermine to find it at c:\users\sitedata\akaroo\web\imagemagick\ and it refuses to work.  Any ideas?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: ImageMagick path acting up.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 03:48:59 am »

You can't just download and extract.  You have to run the installer, which normally your host has to do.  You should ask your host to reinstall ImageMagick to a different directory (like c:/imagemagick).
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Akaroo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 04:00:19 am »

They're not fun to get a hold of...   if their actual hosting wasn't so cheap and reliable I wouldn't use them, simply because their customer service is elusive.

Like I said, they have it installed, but to an inaccesible directory (as it has a space)

But also, it seems that all coppermine needs is to know where convert.exe is.  I'm under the impression that I could just upload that single file.  People have also been compiling their own versions, which means it wasn't "officially" installed either.

I may be wrong, but it seems coppermine just isn't seeing convert.exe

And thank you for the quick reply.

Akaroo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 04:03:46 am »

Oh, forgot to add...

This is the same error that I got when i tired to use: c:\progra~1\imagemagick\ and c:\program files\imagemagick\ which was the official install directory. Which means that error isn't reporting that it's a bad install, as I wouldn't gotten a different error for the /program files/ directory.

Turns out that im getting the same one now, leading me to beleive that it knows im specifying a directory, but it's not even trying to execute the program. It's bugging before it gets to that it seems.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 04:06:26 am »

You cannot use ImageMagick unless it is properly installed.  You can't just upload one of the binary files.

Coppermine knows you are running on a Windows box and it automatically uses convert.exe instead of convert.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

Akaroo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 04:10:46 am »

Well, I'm hoping that all i need to do is, like you said, have them install it to c:\imagemagick\ or something, but I can't help but notice that I get the same error for running it from an legitly installed c:\program files\.. path AND the jerry-rigged .../web/imagemagick/

If it was a matter of not installing it correctly, wouldn't I have gotten an error about having a space in the path on the first path i tried? I got the same one

Akaroo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 04:16:41 am »

Alternatively, I noticed my provider is using php 4.3.1 which is bundled with GD2.0 as php.net states, however, I do not have access to it. I have read that it is merely a small change in php.ini.  I might just try to do that if I cannot get imagemagick to work.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 05:24:26 am »

If your host is using PHP 4.3.1, you need to tell them to upgrade to 4.3.10 and upgrade their Zend optimizer to 2.5.7.  There are security vulnerabilities in anything less than 4.3.10.

This is an issue that they should have taken care of a long time ago.  It may be time for you to look for a new provider.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.