Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Integration Link  (Read 3199 times)

DarkTempest

• Coppermine newbie
    • Tempest Gate
Integration Link
« on: January 17, 2005, 06:57:37 am »

I know what I want has probably been answered a thousand times in other places on this board, but I have not been able to find the directions to do exactly what I want to do.  What I am doing, is trying to create a tight knit integration between Coppermine, and phpBB, with phpBB-EasyCMS together.  I am going to be adding a larger number of hacks and modifications inside of each other, to produce as near a seamless system as I can.  I have already done the integration steps to use Coppermine with my phpBB / phpBB-EasyCMS, and installed a link to Coppermine on the forum/cms side of the equation, by editing the template, include, and language files in order to make it universal to stay current with the languages I use, and different templates, etc.  What I want to do, is the exact same in Coppermine for a link back...

I have already added the following to my template.php fille in the classic theme directory.

Code: [Select]
<!-- BEGIN bulletin_board_cms -->
                        <a href="{BB_CMS_TGT}" title="{BB_CMS_TITLE}">{BB_CMS_LNK}</a> ::
<!-- END bulletin_board_cms -->

I know the first is for the link target, the second is the title for mouseover, and the third is the text that is shown on the page that is the actual link.  What I don't know is where to define these things in the core files of Coppermine in order for it to function correctly.  I would like the target to point to the forum/cms's homepage, which is http://test.tempestgate.net/BBcms/index.php.  The title should be: 'BBcms', and the link text 'BBcms'.  Any help in this would be appreciated.

Just for reference, here are the links to my test server for both installations.
Coppermine: http://test.tempestgate.net/cpg
BBcms: http://test.tempestgate.net/BBcms

[BBcms is the name of the package I am assembling with the different mods, and phpBB-easyCMS.]

Dark Tempest
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 07:45:26 am by GauGau »
Unto the darkest of nights, my soul is surrendered.  When all hope is lost, I alone will remain.  I give hope to mankind, yet keep none for myself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Integration Link
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 07:42:22 am »

edit theme/yourteheme/theme.php, find
function theme_main_menu, scroll down a bit untill you find
$param = arrayand add your parameters there.
However, since there are no conditionals, you could as well replace
<!-- BEGIN bulletin_board_cms -->
                        <a href="{BB_CMS_TGT}" title="{BB_CMS_TITLE}">{BB_CMS_LNK}</a> ::
<!-- END bulletin_board_cms -->
with
                        <a href="your/actual/link.htm" title="your actual title">your link text</a> ::(unless you plan to use the multi language option).

Joachim

DarkTempest

• Coppermine newbie
    • Tempest Gate
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 07:44:21 am »

Thanks, GauGau; I am doing it this way, as I do want the mods I make to be able to be multi-language.  That is the whole point of doing things the hard way.  ;D

Dark Tempest
Unto the darkest of nights, my soul is surrendered.  When all hope is lost, I alone will remain.  I give hope to mankind, yet keep none for myself.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 08:03:15 am »

you will need to add the tokens to be replaced in your theme.php under the function theme_main_menu
   $param = array('{ALB_LIST_TGT}' => "index.php$cat_l",
        '{ALB_LIST_TITLE}' => $lang_main_menu['alb_list_title'],
        '{ALB_LIST_LNK}' => $lang_main_menu['alb_list_lnk'],
        '{MY_GAL_TGT}' => "index.php?cat=$my_gallery_id",

...much omitted...

);

Insert them anywhere in the list, order doesn't matter.

you should use this format:  '{ALB_LIST_LNK}' => $lang_main_menu['alb_list_lnk'],

Then you will need to update ALL of the language files you want your tokens to work in.
ie:  lang/english.php
$lang_main_menu = array(
  'alb_list_title' => 'Go to the album list',
  'alb_list_lnk' => 'Album list',
  'my_gal_title' => 'Go to my personal gallery',
... much omitted ...
  );

If someone uses a language where you haven't updated the entries the tokens will be replaced with null values.

You don't need to update the utf-8 files unless you have utf-8 selected in your config. Likewise you don't have to update the non-utf-8 files if you DO have utf-8 selected in your config.

Fyi, I also recently completed a subsilver theme that you might be interested in.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3863.msg62771#msg62771
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.