Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I mass delete photos older than 2 months?  (Read 3642 times)

CBiLL

• Coppermine newbie
How do I mass delete photos older than 2 months?
« on: January 16, 2005, 03:30:11 am »

I have a Coppermine 1.2.1 and about 4,000 worth of photos  so I want to mass delete  like 3,500 photos and leaving about 500 on the server ..

I don't want to go Edit pics and click each delete pic  and I notice in Edit pic it doesn't reverse date to the oldest photo  .. what I want to do is delete all photos but keep up to 2 month old worth of photos on the server ..

Thanks
Bill

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: How do I mass delete photos older than 2 months?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 04:37:42 am »

Coppermine doesn't have such a function.  You can write SQL to delete all pictures with an upload date <= 2 months ago, and use phpMyAdmin to run it.  Then you'll have to use your FTP program to delete the pictures (thumb_, normal_, and the original image).
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

CBiLL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 09:23:47 am »

Oh well I hope in future version they would consider adding something like that .. to delete all photo/file based on days months years etc etc .. maybe a cronjob that does a nightly clean up to remove older photos  based on what you set for ..

Bill

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 09:34:02 am »

cron jobs are only avilable for a minority of users, so they are not an option that is being considered for the core code of future coppermine versions. However, the clean-up could be triggered by another event, and such a feature might be helpfull for others as well. Moving this thread from "cpg1.2 support" to "feature requests"...

Joachim

CBiLL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 11:02:56 am »

an admin trigger will be just as good fo rme .. if there was a option to set the date and then click on some icon to delete all the photo or remove all the photo based on what I set ..  such a feature like that would even be just as good if I would have to logon on every other week or so to do daily clean up .. I would still like a feature like that in admin area ..

Bill

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 12:32:48 pm »

understood, your feature request get's noted. There's no telling though if or when it's going to be done. If you absolutely need a feature, you will have to code it I'm afraid.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.