Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I mass delete photos older than 2 months?  (Read 3644 times)

CBiLL

• Coppermine newbie
How do I mass delete photos older than 2 months?
« on: January 16, 2005, 03:30:11 am »

I have a Coppermine 1.2.1 and about 4,000 worth of photos  so I want to mass delete  like 3,500 photos and leaving about 500 on the server ..

I don't want to go Edit pics and click each delete pic  and I notice in Edit pic it doesn't reverse date to the oldest photo  .. what I want to do is delete all photos but keep up to 2 month old worth of photos on the server ..

Thanks
Bill

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: How do I mass delete photos older than 2 months?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 04:37:42 am »

Coppermine doesn't have such a function.  You can write SQL to delete all pictures with an upload date <= 2 months ago, and use phpMyAdmin to run it.  Then you'll have to use your FTP program to delete the pictures (thumb_, normal_, and the original image).
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

CBiLL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 09:23:47 am »

Oh well I hope in future version they would consider adding something like that .. to delete all photo/file based on days months years etc etc .. maybe a cronjob that does a nightly clean up to remove older photos  based on what you set for ..

Bill

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 09:34:02 am »

cron jobs are only avilable for a minority of users, so they are not an option that is being considered for the core code of future coppermine versions. However, the clean-up could be triggered by another event, and such a feature might be helpfull for others as well. Moving this thread from "cpg1.2 support" to "feature requests"...

Joachim

CBiLL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 11:02:56 am »

an admin trigger will be just as good fo rme .. if there was a option to set the date and then click on some icon to delete all the photo or remove all the photo based on what I set ..  such a feature like that would even be just as good if I would have to logon on every other week or so to do daily clean up .. I would still like a feature like that in admin area ..

Bill

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 12:32:48 pm »

understood, your feature request get's noted. There's no telling though if or when it's going to be done. If you absolutely need a feature, you will have to code it I'm afraid.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.