Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pictures in signature  (Read 4611 times)

hama

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Pictures in signature
« on: January 14, 2005, 07:32:47 pm »

I would like to have a similar board signature (not the same!, no text over pictures!) like TranzNDance. I'll use the signature for the forum on my website to promote the gallery on my website. I will not use it in this forum, so no more traffic for your board and no competition for TranceNDance's signature.  8)

The idea is that in the signature three random pictures from the gallery (except private gallery cat=9) are displayed (size of the pictures 96 x 72, maybe automatic resized by GD2?).

If you click on one of these three images you will be forwarded directly to the same (big) picture in the gallery. If that is too much so you only will be forwarded to the startpage of the gallery. If this hyperlink isn't possible then a short hyperlinked text "Random pictures from gallery" under the pictures is also ok.

As an idea I made a printscreen (it's static and not random). The real signature should not have black background, only three images.

--> http://www.dorfschule.ch/signature-example.jpg

If this is a big job to code, then give me a feedback and I will start this topic again in "Looking for Freelancers / Paid help".

If this isn't a big job, please give me a bit help.  ;)

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

hama
Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights! - Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Pictures in signature
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 08:57:13 pm »

I don't think you can make the images linkable... that requires HTML and GD just generates images.

The way I did it was list some folders for the script to randomly pick filenames from. So I'm getting filenames from my directory structure, not coppermine gallery database. It's probably possible but would take extra work and I wanted to concentrate on other stuff.

The signature is basically being hotlinked from wherever you link it so that is where the traffic and processing is being consumed, not here.

Basically my script randomly picks 4 folders, and then randomly picks 1 file from each of them. Then use ImageCopy() to put them on the canvas.

You can use ImageString() for the text you want.

If you don't want the black background, you set the X and Y coordinates of the images accordingly.

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 09:55:24 pm »

Hmm, sounds interesting. And alltogether gives a *.png.

I'll try it and with some luck I'll get it in a couple of days or weeks ...  :)

Thanks!

hama
Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights! - Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 10:05:34 pm »

It's actually still a php file. I use the *.png extension to trick phpbb board to accept it, since I use the same file for different forums.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 03:27:55 am »

Gaugau had published this/similar code somewhere - you can try a search
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

hama

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 02:39:02 pm »

It works now.  :)

I took the random avatar code, made two folders.

I can write only 300 characters in the signature, so I couldn't hyperlink the pictures. The solution is the small hyperlinked text under the pictures.

hama

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.