Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't change config file  (Read 4795 times)

maven

• Coppermine newbie
can't change config file
« on: January 13, 2005, 10:51:12 pm »

Hosting service moved my database recently and now I can't seem to get the gallery to work.  I have changed the include/config.php to the new database name/psswd but am unable to log in.  I received the following error:

Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /home/www/sfapts/cpgallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 96
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

I went into phpMyAdmin and ran a query for the above error message and received this:

Error

SQL-query :

Notice : Undefined INDEX : debug_mode IN / home / www / sfapts / cpgallery / include / functions.inc.php ON line96Fatal error : There was an error while processing a DATABASE query

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Notice : Undefined INDEX  : debug_mode IN  / home / www / sfapts / cpgallery / i' at line 1

I am unable to interpret this and go further.  If anyone can help point me in the right direction . . . thanks in advance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: can't change config file
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 12:34:09 am »

you can't run a php error notice in phpMyAdmin - it's not a mySQL query. You mustn't run any queries there if you have no idea what a query actually is. The php notice doesn't matter anyway, enable debug mode in coppermine's config table instead to get the actual error message.

Joachim

maven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 04:54:45 am »

ok.
how do I turn on debug mode?
I have read several threads about this and hate to be so obtuse but I don't see how to do it.

when I go to mydomain.net/phpMyAdmin
I can log in and see my databases but do not see anything at the bottom of the page other than the query option.  Nor do I see an option called 'config' 

when I go to mydomain.net/cpgallery/config.php or mydomain.net/cpgallery/admin.php
I receive the same error notice that I posted first. 

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 05:21:10 am »

Use phpMyAdmin and look at your _config table.  Do you see debug_mode?

What version of Coppermine are you running?  Did you have it bridged with a forum?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 05:30:16 am »

That error message displays when the theme file can't be found.  Check your _config page for theme.

This looks more and more like your Coppermine tables are missing, or at least part of them are missing.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

maven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 05:47:58 am »

in phpMyAdmin I don't see _config table at all???
I am running Coppermine 1.2.0
I am not sure if I have it bridged?
I have gone in and modified the phpbb.inc.php file in /bridge/ folder.

I should point out that I am not the original developer to this database.  I took over this site and in Nov. our hosting service moved the database to another server. In the process they lost all of our site files/assets due to server failure.  I was forced to use the original site assets CD sent to me by the old developer to upload the lost work (as I did not have a back-up and had an unfortunate ftp client software problem and lost my own current files after our webhost lost theirs - painful lesson in backing up data). I mention this as perhaps it can help explain some of the problems.  I simply uploaded the old cpgallery folder to the server after the site was lost and database moved.  This might have been the wrong way to implement the gallery on the new server.  ???

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 06:08:35 am »

I moved this post to the correct board.

Do you see any Coppermine tables at all?  Look through every MySQL database you have (if you have more than one) and look for Coppermine tables.  If you don't see any, you've lost all of your Coppermine data and there isn't anything that can be done at this point.  You'll have to rebuild your gallery from scratch.

You should upgrade to 1.3.2.  If your data is missing, this is a perfect time to upgrade.  Just download 1.3.2 from this site and read the documentation (/docs/index.htm).  You won't be performing an upgrade, since your data is gone.  You just upload all the files and do the install.  Make sure you read the documentation, especially about the batch add process - you can't FTP pictures to the userpics directory.

maven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 07:11:01 am »

I see what is called a 'basic CGI mydb table'
two entries whose field names are 'name', 'password'

In the other databases I see more of what I presume are tables, coppermine tables?  As I said, the maillist database is up and running since the update without problem.  I don't however see _config table in any of them.  I am still not sure I understand where the _config option is?
At this point, I am inclined perhaps to scrap what I have and update to the newer version of coppermine.  Any more help is greatly appreciated. 

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 02:30:12 pm »

You'll know Coppermine tables - you'll see something like cpg_pictures, cpg_albums, etc.

The cpg_config table holds all the Coppermine configuration information.  If you don't have it, your gallery won't function at all.

If you want to update, just use my previous post.  Read the documenation.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.