Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: failed to open stream: No such file or directory ???????  (Read 9458 times)

pukkasilvia

• Coppermine newbie
failed to open stream: No such file or directory ???????
« on: January 13, 2005, 06:53:43 pm »

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_43870928.JPG): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/pukkasil/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 1193

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpGnGMCp' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_43870928.JPG' in /home2/pukkasil/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 1193

This is what i get when i try uploading a picture.
It always used to work.just stoped one day lol.

The gallery is at

http://www.speed-junkies.co.uk/gallery
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 01:31:56 am by TranzNDance »

Nibbler

Re: failed to open stream: No such file or directory ???????
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 07:06:50 pm »

Create an edit directory in your albums directory and chmod it to 777 or 755.

tarawa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 08:15:16 pm »

I'm ghaving virtually the same problem.  When I go to the "upload" screen I get this error at the top...
Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 453

After trying to upload anyway I got the same error as the other user.  I went to the albums dir and the "edit" dir was CHMOD set to 666.  I tried to change it and it said I had no access or the dir didn't exsist.  I haven't tried to del the "edit" dir and create a new one with the 777 CHMOD settings for fear that there was something vital in the "edit" dir.

It IS safe to del the "edit" dir and create a new one with the correct CHMOD settings?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 08:40:00 pm »

There is nothing important in the edit directory, it's just a temporary holding area, safe to delete.

pukkasilvia

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 09:11:08 pm »

that fixt it fine.thank-you ;D

Horizon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 01:38:04 pm »

So if I have created albums "Home" in website, I have creat "Home" directory and in ftp ,and chmod it to 775 or 775.
Do I undurstand right? :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 01:56:32 pm »

nobody said anything about a specific "home" directory. To keep this more general: if you want to ftp-upload and batch-add pics to your gallery (recommended for coppermine admins), you have to create at least one folder within the albums folder in your folder/file structure of your webserver and upload the pics you want to add to your coppermine database into this newly created folder (or any sub-folder you create) using your ftp application. Usually, there's no need to particularly change permissions on this folder you just created (using CHMOD), as you whole album folder should already have the proper permissions (you had to do that in the first place when installing coppermine). After finishing the ftp-upload, you use "batch-add" from the coppermine admin menu, browse to the folder you just uploaded pics to, select an album the pics should go into (create at least one album first, using coppermine's album manager from the coppermine admin menu) and start the batch-add process.
However, this is not related at all to the original question in this thread. It's recommended that you read the documentation that comes with coppermine first, and re-phrase your question if it still isn't clear to you what to do.

Joachim

nickelsto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 05:16:32 pm »

I wasn't sure to add to this thread or start another one since it is basically along the same lines.

I have batch uploaded to several albums in different categories, without having any problems.  But then I get the warning (below) in other albums and cannot upload to them.  The groups are all set the same, as well as the CHMOD, and I do exactly the same process of uploading for every album.  Why can I upload to some albums but not to others?

This is the warning:
Warning: opendir(albums/p/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/.zachie/nickelst/nstoll.com/Gallery/searchnew.php on line 191 

The documentation on this warning states:
    * Make sure you have a folder named 'edit' in your albums folder. Done, as stated I can already upload to other albums.
    * Make sure the 'edit' directory has been chmod to 777 or 755. Done
    * Make sure you have completely upgraded to Coppermine 1.3.2. Done

This screen shot (http://www.nstoll.com/images/ftp.jpg) shows the directory with the files in it where I am trying to upload from.  The files and directory do exist.  And here http://nstoll.com/images/ftp2.jpg is the batch upload screen.

nickelsto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 05:31:54 pm »

I found the problem.

I was using the & symbol in some of my directory names and this does not work.  Must use "and".

thanks

Colder

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 07:43:11 pm »

I'm ghaving virtually the same problem.  When I go to the "upload" screen I get this error at the top...
Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/digifx/public_html/hqpics/upload.php on line 440

I have the same problem, how to tackle it?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 06:28:40 am »

search for the error message you get, there are hundreds of posts that report the very same thing and ask what to do about it. Supporters are fed up to answer the same question over and over again, so we tell users to search and scan the results from oldest to newest (as the more recnet ones mostly got the same answer you just got) :-\\.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.