Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assign multiple groups to single album  (Read 7161 times)

litup

• Coppermine novice
Assign multiple groups to single album
« on: January 12, 2005, 12:38:58 am »

Hello everyone,

Is it possible/feasible to assign 2 groups to and album?  Excuse me if this has already been answered.

Thanks,
Bryan
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 08:11:10 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Assign multiple groups to single album
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 12:43:30 am »

not possible. Create another group, make the members of the other groups members of the new group. Yes, this has been asked before. Please post support-related questions on the support board that corresponds to your coppermine versions in the future instead of "general discussion". You've been told so before, and we found out that you're using the devel version, which goes unsupported. Unsupported means "no support at all" - camouflaging your support requests by posting on the general discussion board is not an option. To make this absolutely clear: you just can not ask for support on cpg1.4.x yet: either you use it as-as without posting further support-releated questions, or downgrade to the current stable release, or keep posting support requests for the unsupported devel version and I will move your support requests to the crap bin without answer.

Joachim
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 12:49:29 am by GauGau »

litup

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 12:49:04 am »

Thanks, I will post properly next time.

Bryan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 12:50:06 am »

you can't, as you're using the devel version! >:(

Joachim

litup

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 01:55:58 am »

Joachim,

Let me start by saying you are completely out of line.  I have always done my best to be as polite and concise on these boards especially when when dealing with you.  You can look at all of my posts, I have been nothing but nice.  In no way did I deserve the response you gave me. So... let's get a few things straight.

1.  Yes, at one point I was using 1.4, and I did post a question relating to that version.  Since then,  I have gone back to 1.3.2 so that I could take advantage of all the Mods.  

2.  You said "you found out I was using the devel version"  this makes it sound like I was trying to hide it. Not the case, why would I do that?

3.  To accuse me of "camouflaging" my post is just rude.  I posted on the wrong board, it was an accident. Shoot Me...Your making assumptions and acting on them. Just plain rude...

I know you have a tough job and it's stressfull, but that's no excuse to go off on someone for what you assume to be true.  Look at my posting history, I have always tried to be cool.  I have always considered you "tough but fair" however, this is not the case here.  Also, why did you take the time to modify your post after the thread was done?  What was the point?  Spite?  That's it, i'm done.  Please take note that as angry as I am I was still polite in my response.  Think about it ;)

Bryan
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 02:21:26 am by litup »

litup

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 02:09:38 am »

One more thing Joachim,  here is a post of mine from a few days ago..  which you read ;)  Please note 1.3x....

I did carefully read the thread.. the link you provided is for the 1.2 mod.  I was referring to this:

I have tested the mod for 1.3.x and it works great ;). It scale it to the screen.

It's my fault for not being specific.  I will try to use the diff view provided and post the completed files for 1.3x

Bryan

Peace Out

Bryan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 08:35:53 am »

I'm sorry if I have accused you wrongly, please accept my apology. You have to understand that it's not the first time we have a devel version that users can download, but that goes unsupported - in the past, we had a lot of issues with users asking for support, reporting errors and posting questions that just didn't make sense. It always took us a while (and some postings) to find out that they were using an unsupported version that still contained bugs. That's why we react harsh when users ask questions while using devel versions, and that's why we ask users to post support related questions on the proper support board. The description of the "General discussion" board (that is visible on the main forum page) says
General discussion for everything that's coppermine-related. Do NOT post support or feature requests here, they should go into the proper boards
, yet a lot of users post here: many of them do so because they use an unsupported coppermine version (e.g. a devel version or a port that hasn't been created by the coppermine dev team) and try to get help this way although we clearly say that those versions go unsupported; I hope you can understand that we feel those users are trying to trick us into supporting unsupported versions (they simply won't accept "no" as an answer).
If users post support-related questions on "general discussion", we try to move the thread to the proper support board: that's what I tried to do with your posting as well after posting an answer (short version) although you posted on the wrong board. I tried to find out what version you're using by looking at your previous postings, and this is where I found your posting that showed you're using cpg1.4.x - I just drew the wrong conclusions by asuming you still used it and modified my posting accordingly.
After all, I thought a user who's post count showed 20+ postings should know his way around on the forum and would be posting on the proper board.
Again, I didn't mean to sound rude - this may be a language issue (English is not my first language as you probably have already found out), hope I could explain why my reaction was harsh. Maybe it's time I reconsidered spending hours each day doing free support on the coppermine page - it might be time I moved on...

Joachim

litup

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 01:41:57 pm »

Joachim,

I accept and appreciate your apology.  The reason I took this so personally is that I really wasn't trying to deceive anyone and I have always tried to post properly.  I posted in the "general discussion" because to me it seemed like a general question not really relating to a specific build.  If I had taken the time to properly read the board descriptions I this might not have happened. :P  Like I said in my previous post, it won't happen again.  As for this:

Maybe it's time I reconsidered spending hours each day doing free support on the coppermine page - it might be time I moved on...

Joachim

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or if you are just burned out but let me say this.  Most people who use these boards have a great appreciation for you.  You do a tough and time consuming job, not to mention all the repetetive questions.  Like I said before, I have always considered you "tough but fair".  It's not time for you to move on, just cool down a little.  In the time it took you to write that long response you could have just asked what version I was running either on the board or via PM. You didn't need to search my posts, I was online and viewing the topic.  You should try to save the anger for people who really deserve it, as you know there are plenty on the boards.  I hope you now understand why I made such a big deal of this.  One last thing, when you modify a post instead of creating a new one it makes it very hard for others to follow the actual chronology of the conversation.  Food for thought. :)  Don't be mad Joachim we really do love you :-*

Keep up the good work..

Bryan

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 02:07:39 pm »

Gaugau as well as litup - both of you have been very sensible :)

Coppermine would not be half the software it is had it not been for the awesome support offered by the team members and Gaugau with 11418 post definitely has been a superb project admin. If he moves on most probably so will I....
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

litup

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 03:24:01 pm »

My apologies for not saying so before, thank you Dev Team and Contributers.  You are indeed what makes Coppermine the great gallery that it is.

Regards,
Bryan
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 03:31:22 pm by litup »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.