Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Theme: Kubrick  (Read 98576 times)

unforgivendown

• Coppermine newbie
Re: New Theme: Kubrick
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 06:59:00 am »

In the template.html file in the folder of your theme. Look for the following tokens:
{GAL_DESCRIPTION} {GAL_NAME}

You can format them just like any other text, but just keep the token intact with the brackets.
Thank you very much for the help.  That was pretty obvious, I should have looked a little harder heh.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 08:57:25 pm by unforgivendown »

spectrum

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 03:01:57 am »

ARGHHHHHH......i just installed coppermine after giving up on customizing "gallery" to go with my b2evo blog which has a customized kubrick template.
i got pretty excited when i saw this thread and the demo kubrick cpg site -
BUT
my excitement was shortlived after i installed the skin and uploaded my own kubrick images only to find that the actual pics/thumbnails etc... still show the default white background.

the beauty of the kubrick template is that u can completely alter the appearance of ur site/s by the editing of 4-5 images.
imo, it defeats the purpose if the kubrickbg &/or kubrickbgwide don't get used for the apperance of the actual image and thumbnail backgrounds.....

please tell me i'm missing something or that theres an easy way to make my background images appear the way their supposed to in this template ie...as a backdrop for ALL the content.

tia.

spectrum

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 11:20:01 pm »

ok - i'll answer myself, getting used to it by now - lol.
for anyone else who's using this theme and doesnt leave the bg images white u can change the background color/s to transparent in the css and it will allow ur bg image to be visible across the board.
works in ie6 and firefox at least - i'm assuming it works in most other browsers too.

snork13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2005, 06:30:32 pm »

I would like to add that the "powered by coppermine" is following the alignment of the gallery (left).

I have fixed by editing the style.css to align center of the theme, below is the easy fix:

Change
Code: [Select]
.footer {
        font-size: 9px;
        color: #000000;
}

to

Code: [Select]
.footer {
        font-size: 9px;
        color: #000000;
        padding-left: 185px;
}

snork

pnear

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • http://www.thenears.com
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2005, 10:23:10 pm »

ARGHHHHHH......i just installed coppermine after giving up on customizing "gallery" to go with my b2evo blog which has a customized kubrick template.
i got pretty excited when i saw this thread and the demo kubrick cpg site -
BUT
my excitement was shortlived after i installed the skin and uploaded my own kubrick images only to find that the actual pics/thumbnails etc... still show the default white background.

the beauty of the kubrick template is that u can completely alter the appearance of ur site/s by the editing of 4-5 images.
imo, it defeats the purpose if the kubrickbg &/or kubrickbgwide don't get used for the apperance of the actual image and thumbnail backgrounds.....

please tell me i'm missing something or that theres an easy way to make my background images appear the way their supposed to in this template ie...as a backdrop for ALL the content.

tia.

I fully admit that this code is not nearly as elegant as Kubrick.  I'll modify the theme for 1.4 once it's released and make more liberal use of XHTML and CSS.  For now, it's a kludge of tables and css that simply imitates the look and feel of Kubrick and not the backend elegance.

Pete

MothBox

• Coppermine novice
  • www.mothbox.co.uk
    • MothBox
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2005, 11:37:22 pm »

How can I change the colour of the Main Titles that are at the minute, in blue?

Mr Teroo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2005, 02:51:04 pm »

Hello,

Excellent theme! Can you tell me how to increase the width of the table for album description?
(appears after uploading a file, when you choose which album to put it in)

Thanks in advance.

Mr T

(http://www.harbourcall.co.uk/kubrick_upload.jpg)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2005, 08:44:34 am »

The width of a dropdown box is determined by the largest entry it contains - if you choose album names with more characters in it, the dropdown field will get wider as well. This is a generic html issue (how the html is being rendered in your browser), not theme-specific - see http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_select.asp

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2005, 06:41:03 pm »

there has been a report about a possible bug in the kubrick theme (cosmetical only, no security threat) that should be looked into and fixed permanently, refer to http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=15573.msg73352#msg73352
It's about the file info section of displayimage that appears not to take into account the default visibility preferences set in coppermine's config. A fix has been posted on the thread as well.

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 09:07:14 am »

I have just updated the kubrick theme in the download section to fix the bug that was reported (and remove the frontpage junk folders from it). Additionally, I have created a readme file that contains a link both to this thread and the original theme.
Might take a bit to replicate on all mirors. Download updated kubrick theme

Joachim

MEANMUGG

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2005, 09:19:06 am »

Ok first off.. i really love your Kubrick theme being a big fan myself.... but this might seem like very cheesy questions, please bare with me i'm a new beee...

ok first
i got everything installed very well and was very impressed with myelf seeing that this was like my 3rd time of trying to install coppermine.
 ::)
heres my questions...

1. How do i make a Home link (in menu) or make the top header pic (blue box) a LINK that will link back to my homepage witch is just plain HTML/..??

2. On the Thumbnail Page when you click the picture and it goes to the (BIG sized pic page) where you can leave comments and rate it, and what not.. IS there a way to change the order so the picture is on top and the (slideshow/ecard/email picture/ etc.) is on bottom and then make the (timeline/film strip) under the main Picture..

3. Does anyone know a html code that i can insert in my Main index page. that will grab like one the most recient picture and display it on my Main index page.. as a thumbnail like 75x75 in size??

i know theese are problably amature questions. and i dont know alot about HTML CODE or php..
thanks for your time!!!

anything will help.

Also i use Dreamweaver MX.. to edit code , design etc... 

here is my site: http://www.meanmugg.com

here is the album site: http://www.meanmugg.com/cpg1.3.2/cpg132/index.php
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 09:50:26 am by MEANMUGG »

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2005, 02:26:16 am »

1) search the board, its been asked and answered several times.

2) Theres nothing built in like the "content of the main page" for the displayimage.php page.

3) Search the mod board for CoppermineFetch

Good Luck.

marcamillion

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2005, 07:24:02 am »

Very nice theme, but is there anyway to turn off the displaying of the File INfo on all the pics ? I turned it off by default under config in admin login but it still displays all the info for all files.

Nibbler

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2005, 12:18:26 pm »

MEANMUGG

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2005, 09:13:08 am »

1) search the board, its been asked and answered several times.

2) Theres nothing built in like the "content of the main page" for the displayimage.php page.

3) Search the mod board for CoppermineFetch

Good Luck.

Thank you very much you helped me out alot.. now lets see if i can acomplish this..
wish me LUCK!!!
LOL

thnaks again for your time..

marcamillion

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2005, 06:31:12 pm »

How do I edit this theme to make the pics a little bigger and the font, like categories and such smaller ? Is it Possible ? Also, I have been searching for how to make the words in the banner a link, but can't find it :S Can someone help me out plz.

marcamillion

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2005, 08:58:32 am »

Is this theme going to be "re-done" and tidied up ? Really nice theme, love it and all, but there are a few flaws. The category fonts are too big in IE, Firefox is fine. Its not all category names, just some. It's weird. Also, the fact that it is only 800 * 600 is a little hampering, so the filmstrip now only shows 4 pics. I would love if I could get the filmstrip to be extended one more. Also, in the memberlist from Admin, the list looks very jumbled together. It looks very untidy. All In all, I think the entire theme should be wider. Really looking forward to seeing work done on this theme. Really love it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2005, 06:38:10 pm »

All the settings you request are not being done within a theme, but in coppermine's config. Every theme with reduced width will break if you have content that is wider than expected. In coppermine's config, change the width of your intermediate pics and your thumbnails (both width and number of items). The theme itself might need a little touch-up, but your request itself is a bit "invalid", as not directly theme-related.
You have to take into account as well, that this theme is a user-contribution, not a theme that comes with the coppermine package. This means: if the theme author (or anyone else who is ready to spend some time working for the community) feels like modifying the theme to do what you request (width!), it will be changed. If he doesn't feel like it, you will have to modify the theme by yourself.

Joachim

snork13

• Contributor
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2005, 08:49:46 pm »

Is this theme going to be "re-done" and tidied up ? Really nice theme, love it and all, but there are a few flaws. The category fonts are too big in IE, Firefox is fine. Its not all category names, just some. It's weird. Also, the fact that it is only 800 * 600 is a little hampering, so the filmstrip now only shows 4 pics. I would love if I could get the filmstrip to be extended one more. Also, in the memberlist from Admin, the list looks very jumbled together. It looks very untidy. All In all, I think the entire theme should be wider. Really looking forward to seeing work done on this theme. Really love it.

The problems seem small and easy enough to fix, however you must understand there are 3 images used for the template. Each image has a static size. You would need you make 3 new images set to the width your looking for. The next problem is with larger images, and a screen resolution of 800x600 you will get bottom scrolling. I think this looks much worst.

The text sizes can be editied via the style.css, you will need to look at the theme.php to understand the "class" tags the designer uses. Many are his own, so not coppermine standard.

I hope this helps, I can take a look over the weekend. I'm tied up working on some themes for 1.4. ;D

snork

marcamillion

HELP!
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2005, 07:20:10 am »

Uh-oh. I am not sure if I did something weird or if it is something that the theme did. The last change I applied was the coppermine upgrade from 1.3.0 - 1.3.3 and ever since then there are certain users, when I click on their name, their list of albums does not appear. The only thing that show is the last uploaded picture, a random picture, or in some cases the last commented picture. HELP!

I am running the theme kubrick. Before when I just installed kubrick, nothing like this happened.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.