Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Theme: Kubrick  (Read 98578 times)

pnear

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • http://www.thenears.com
New Theme: Kubrick
« on: January 10, 2005, 04:37:47 am »

If you're a fan of hacked together code, then this is the theme for you!  My first attempt at a Coppermine theme, and I must admit I had some difficulty porting a CSS-only theme (Kubrick for Wordpress) into the massively table-based structure of Coppermine. 

If you're CSS-savvy, I'd appreciate your feedback and modifications.

Ported from:  http://www.binarybonsai.com/kubrick
Demo/dev version here:  http://www.thenears.com/coppermine/index.php?theme=kubrick
Based on the hardwired coppermine theme

Zip attached
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 01:18:24 am by Paver »

west4me

• Coppermine novice
Re: New Theme: Kubrick
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 04:40:16 am »

Nice Job! I use a hacked version of Kubrick for my Wordpress site. I may be able to apply my changes to yours. I'll have a look.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 04:46:37 am »

Looks nice.  You might want to add a link that takes you back to index.php.  When I navigated to 1999 and earlier, the only way to return to the main index was to hit the back button.  Themes normally use the logo as a link back to index.php.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

pnear

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 05:50:16 am »

Thanks for the feedback, I'll link the gallery title in the next version.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 05:57:54 am »

Almost all Wordpress themes can be adapted for coppermine by just changing the CSS in Reynolds or 2bornot2b themes
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

pnear

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 06:06:05 am »

Sigh....  that would've saved about a day's worth of effort I imagine.  Next time I'm bored I'll take a look at those and see if it's worthwhile to change the base.  Not happy with some of the hacks in there right now that were necessary to make it work.  It's somewhat ugly under the covers.

Pete

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 10:36:48 am »

Thanks for the contribution - very nice theme.

Demo - Download

Joachim

P.S. The frontpage folders within your zip file are not needed, I removed them from the package

pnear

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 03:57:24 pm »

Hah, so they snuck in there did they?

Yet another reason I'm redoing my entire website with Wordpress - pesky frontpage extensions insert themselves everywhere even when they're not invited!!

Thanks for packaging, I' should have a new versio for you in about a week with all yet-to-be discovered issues corrected.

Pete

saltydog4791

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 12:39:52 am »

WOW.  This is very cool.  I have just recently set up wordpress using a nightly build from a couple of days ago which uses kubrick as the default theme.  I also have gallery running on my site, but now that I look at this....  I would love to take a stab at coppermine in exactly this way.  I think it would be great to fully integrate it with my blog.  I downloaded your archive but there is no readme and I am a complete newb when it comes to hacking php, etc.  Could some of you steer me in the right direction?  Keep in mind that I don't even have coppermine at all right now.  My host only gave me one mysql db so I would have to pay for another one.  Want to make sure I can do this before paying for another one.  Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

saltydog

pnear

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 01:42:01 am »

Installing the theme is easy once coppermine is set up - just drop the files in the zip into your "themes" directory.

Lots of help avaiilable on the boards here and in the documentation on setting things up.  You should be able to point coppermine to your existing database, it really only needs to be able to create its own tables in that db (which are prefixed cpg_ so they shouldn't conflict with the other tables).

Pete

DeadKenny

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 04:54:13 pm »

Excellent stuff. I've just installed WordPress and came across the Kubrick theme and love it. Thought I'd look for any Coppermine integration with WordPress, and here's a Kubrick theme!!

;D

Quick question though...

How can I make the page wider? My intermediate images default to 800 pixels wide at most and it messes up the page a bit.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 05:04:26 pm by DeadKenny »

pnear

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 05:10:37 pm »

How can I make the page wider? My intermediate images default to 800 pixels wide at most and it messes up the page a bit.

Can't happen, the kubrick theme is set at 760 pixels in width, with margins bringing that inwards quite a bit.  I'd recommend that you change the intermediate picture table size to 450.  If you need full screen-width you might want to look at another theme.  Reynolds might fit weill if you tweak the colours a bit.

Pete

pnear

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 05:15:49 pm »

New version available (attached), a few updates including a hyperlinked title.  This is now officially an english-focused theme, language translations might look wierd in a few spots where I wasn't able to call the appropriate text replacement tags.

Pete

DeadKenny

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 05:46:13 pm »

Can't happen, the kubrick theme is set at 760 pixels in width, with margins bringing that inwards quite a bit.  I'd recommend that you change the intermediate picture table size to 450.  If you need full screen-width you might want to look at another theme.  Reynolds might fit weill if you tweak the colours a bit.
That's okay, they work okay resized to 600 pixels wide which will do. I tend to like bigger intermediates as it brings out more detail and not everyone clicks on the image for the full size, plus I post them on other forums and they tend to use bigger pics (which are 1504 wide, and that's half the size of the actual photo from the camera! :D). What I really need to do is make a script that will create a second resized set of pics suitable for posting elsewhere.

DeadKenny

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 03:13:25 pm »

I've got a problem with this theme. Clicking on the intermediate photo doesn't bring up the full size image any more.

At least I assume it's the theme as it worked before I changed to it. That said I've had problems before with many Coppermine sites where sometimes the full size link doesn't work for no good reason.

Edit: Could be this problem related to Norton Internet Security: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=13830.0
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 03:30:47 pm by DeadKenny »

snork13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2005, 04:25:35 pm »

Nice work on the theme. I like the layout alot, I can will change some css if needed.

snork

g4scott

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005, 10:41:08 pm »

I love the layout of this theme, but i was wondering if there was a way to change the main blue color to something else...

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2005, 01:16:06 am »

If you're talking about the blue color behind "The Nears", it can't be changed via CSS.  It's a JPEG, so you'll have to make your own to match the size and shape.

You could always do this trick, or this trick.  That would allow you to resize the shape to whatever you want, and not be stuck with one huge block.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

unforgivendown

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2005, 01:21:14 am »

Is there any way (I imagine there is) to change the color of the text in the gallery name and the description text right below it?  I'm having a terrible time with this code.  To give a better description, it's the white text on the blue gradient at the top of the page of coppermine running the kubrick theme.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 02:13:40 am »

In the template.html file in the folder of your theme. Look for the following tokens:
{GAL_DESCRIPTION} {GAL_NAME}

You can format them just like any other text, but just keep the token intact with the brackets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.