Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.3.2 - Hit a problem  (Read 3850 times)

acadia

• Coppermine newbie
Upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.3.2 - Hit a problem
« on: January 10, 2005, 01:35:24 am »

Just upgraded versions following instructions precisely and at first everything seemed to work out perfectly.  However I just noticed a problem.  When I enter the config area as an admin the page only loads about halfway down and the text "invalid action" appears between the admin menu and the config options.  So the config page only partially loads and I cant save the changes for the portion I can see.

Every other function seems to work normally.  I ran "update.php" two times and everything updates properly with no errors.

Anyone have some thoughts as to what could be going on?

Thanks

Douglas
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 04:00:20 am by kegobeer »

acadia

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.3.2 - Hit a problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 01:43:42 am »

I think I solved the problem.  I decided the issue might be with the config.php file itself to I backed that up and replaced it with the new one that came with the upgrade.  This appears to have fixed the problem (even though you avoid replacing this file as part of the upgarde instructions).

Can I go with that as a fix or might I have created some other problem?

Douglas

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 02:07:19 am »

Actually, you made a (understandable) mistake. You were not supposed to overwrite config.inc.php in the include folder. config.php should be replaced.

config.php has been renamed in the next version to avoid such confusion.

acadia

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 02:58:40 am »

Ahh.  I see that now >:(. What was lost when  I did overwrite config.inc.php in the include folder?  I did not back that one up. I am not seeing any changes or problems so far.

Thanks

Douglas

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 03:18:39 am »

The information is for connecting to the database. If you have no issues, then you're good to go. :)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 03:19:30 am »

You couldn't have overwritten config.inc.php.  Take a look in the includes folder in the copy on your computer, there isn't a config.inc.php.  There's a config.inc.php.sample.  Unless you created one before uploading the files, you are ok.

If you had overwritten that file, you wouldn't have access to your gallery at all.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

acadia

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 03:56:17 am »

Yes you are correct.  I just looked in the /include directory to check that.  I had just assumed config.inc.php was in there when I put the new files up on the server.

It looks like I am up to date and 100% functional now.  I really appreciate the help! 

Douglas

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.