Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Coppermine  (Read 2529 times)

BlackAce

• Coppermine newbie
New to Coppermine
« on: January 09, 2005, 09:26:02 pm »

I have searched through the boards and help sections and haven't found what I have been looking for. Sorry if these questions have been answered already.

I currently running gallery and looking to change over to Coppermine. Is there any way to move everything over and not loose any thing. Such as comments etc...?

I running PHPBB 2.0.11 and have a category on my forum called Gallery is there any way I can get this category to point to my Coppermine Gallery. I want it so that users can click on the title gallery and then move them to Coppermine.

How can I change the look of Coppermine to integrate it into my site. Bascially I want my navigation options and current look to be integrated into Coppermine? I am not using PHPNuke, Post Nuke etc...

I have looked through all the options in coppermine and can't find what I want to do. I have a car site and want users to create new albums to post the cars not sub albums. Is this possible? I saw this for annonmous users in the FAQ but I want this for registered users only. I want guest to view the gallery only.

Is there a way to remove top rated and other options from Coppermine?

Thanks in advance and apologize again if these have already been answered.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: New to Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 10:01:10 pm »

1.  Did you search for menalto?  I know there are threads that talk about converting from Gallery to Coppermine.

2.  Sounds like changing a link.  It's not related at all to Coppermine, you'll have to edit whatever phpBB file contains the link.  Those questions need to be asked at the phpBB forum.

3.  You'll have to customize a theme to match your site.  Take a look in the /docs folder and read thru all the files in there.  There are also tons of posts that deal with themes, and a board dedicated to theme questions.

4.  Those options are in the groups control panel, and then you have to edit your album's permissions to allow people to upload.

5.  There sure is.

I guess you haven't read the documentation yet, as most of your questions are covered in them.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.