Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fresh install......  (Read 3503 times)

nanothree

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • RockThoseLocks
fresh install......
« on: January 06, 2005, 07:54:01 pm »

id like to do a fresh install of coppermine gallery, i feel i may have messed it up a bit and would just like to sort it out, how can i do this without losing anything like my tables and the pictures that are already on the server, i was thinking it would be as simple as uploading the files again? would that do it?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: fresh install......
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 08:32:39 pm »

You could start by posting a link to your site, and describing exactly what you've done to "mess it up".  Error messages and problems would also help.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

nanothree

• RockThoseLocks
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 11:20:42 am »

well its not really messed up, i just want to do a fresh install if it iwould be incredibly difficult then i dont care

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 11:32:51 am »

a "fresh install" is a "fresh install" - it means that every table is blank and there are no pics, albums, categories, comments, nada. What you're requesting is not a fresh install, but a fix that is suppossed to cure an existing problem you introduced in the first place. Kegobeer suggested he's ready to help you accomplish that. Why don't you do as he suggested and post the link?
If you're reluctant to post a link to your site we're bound to get the impression that there's something fishy with your install (e.g. a copyright break) - you wouldn't want us to get that impression, right?

Joachim
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 12:34:50 pm by GauGau »

nanothree

• RockThoseLocks
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 12:34:20 pm »

ok sorry, the problem i wanted to fix i have fixed now, i dont really need to do the install and have now decided i dont want to.

http://www.rockthoselocks.com <<< my site
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.