Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fatal error unable to write to any folder  (Read 3937 times)

yuditli

• Coppermine newbie
fatal error unable to write to any folder
« on: January 06, 2005, 07:39:39 am »

I am unable tu uplpad or delete pics for a few days now. I keep gtting a critical error message. what do I do? I am not aprogramer.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: fatal error unable to write to any folder
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 08:41:47 am »

What's the error message? We're not mind readers...

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 03:05:28 pm »

Enable debug and notices in config and post the exact error.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

yuditli

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 07:26:45 am »

Thank you. I was ttying to delete a picture and for 10 days now I am getting this error message.  I am trying to translate the error mrssage from Hebrew.

it sais:critical errorr  "cannot write/delete to directory ,albums/userpics/10006, therefore cannot delete the pictures.
Ihave a number of gategories and the same error repeats itself all the time, only the directory numbers is changing.

I am a pastry chef and all my connections with my clients go through this gallery. Please help as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Judith

yuditli

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 07:35:24 am »

Here is a sample of what I get enabling debug:

Notice: Undefined variable: header in /home/mushon/public_html/yuditli/yud/themes/water_drop/theme.php on line 1354

Notice: Undefined variable: template_tab_display in /home/mushon/public_html/yuditli/yud/themes/water_drop/theme.php on line 1359

Notice: Undefined variable: lang_thumb_view in /home/mushon/public_html/yuditli/yud/themes/water_drop/theme.php on line 1362

Notice: Undefined index: inactive_tab in /home/mushon/public_html/yuditli/yud/themes/water_drop/theme.php on line 1363

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 09:48:45 am »

you were not meant to enable notcies - disable notices if they don't mean anything to you in coppermine config.
Your original (genuine) error
critical errorr  "cannot write/delete to directory ,albums/userpics/1000
just tells you what issue you're facing: the script doesn't have the needed permissions to acutally delete a file, so you have to look into this issue. Make sure  you have set the permissions accordingly (CHMOD), using your FTP application: the albums folder and everything within it must have write permissions for the php script. This usually means to have to CHMOD to 777 or 755 (depends on your webserver setup). If you checked CHMOD permissions, but still can't delete the files using coppermine's user interface, you should contact your webhost and ask them to CHMOD the whole albums folder (/home/mushon/public_html/yuditli/yud/albums/) for you (show them a link to this thread if they're not sure).
In the future, you could temporarily switch coppermine's output to english to make it display error messages you cold post here without the need to translate them (often exact error messages are needed). You switch to english by adding "lang=english" to the url in the address bar, switch back to your default language with "lang=xxx", e.g. http://www.yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/index.php?lang=english
It might be helpfull to know your site's url to check this for you, please post it in every thread you request support at least once.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.