Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoying flashes  (Read 5711 times)

John A.

• Coppermine newbie
Annoying flashes
« on: September 27, 2003, 11:27:24 pm »

Is there some way to get rid of the very annoying white flashes whenever anything is clicked? I see it on many sites using this image gallery script, and it's unbearable after a while if one is using the dark backgrounds.
Sincerely, John

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Annoying flashes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 11:51:23 pm »

I've never noticed any white flashes before.  Please provide a link to your site (or any site you've visited where you've seen this) so we can take a look.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

John A.

• Coppermine newbie
Flashes
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 12:21:25 am »

Thanks for incredibly fast reply! Actually, I've just discovered it doesn't happen with the "igames" background. As this is, to me at least, the most attractive of the themes, I'll stick with that one.
You can see the kind of flashes I was getting at  http://photos.samplesite.org/

The other thing I was wondering about this software is why it's not possible to include something that limits the ultimate size of the uploaded image within certain limit  so that,  for example,  no photo whatever its original size - should end up over say,  40kb.  I know this is possible with simple,  single image upload scripts using php GD.
As things stand all user images are limited by the same percentage of original, so some could end up too large for standard connection download.

Sincerely,  John

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Annoying flashes
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2003, 02:10:49 am »

Using Opera I couldn't duplicate the white flash, so I switched to IE and saw it.  I also duplicated it with Netscape 7.1.  I suspected the theme's css file and after a little looking I found the culprit:
Code: [Select]
.maintable {
        border: 1px solid #0E72A4;
        background-color: #FFFFFF;
        margin-top: 1px;
        margin-bottom: 1px;
}

Remove 'background-color: #FFFFFF;' and viola, no more white flashes.

The other thing I was wondering about this software is why it's not possible to include something that limits the ultimate size of the uploaded image within certain limit so that, for example, no photo whatever its original size - should end up over say, 40kb.

Have you looked in the config section of cpg?  Specifically, Max size for uploaded pictures (KB)?  The default is 1024, but you can change this to whatever file size you want.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.