Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with .avi, .mpg and ie6 playback cpg132 int phpBB2  (Read 2999 times)

stardotstar

• Coppermine newbie
  • give it a name
    • arcHELI
problems with .avi, .mpg and ie6 playback cpg132 int phpBB2
« on: January 04, 2005, 11:52:26 am »

I have searched here for others experiencing problems with playback within the browser of movies similar to what I am having but have not found anything similar:

I am using MS-IE6.0.28 and playback of wmv files is fine.  The window appears with the controls and the playback is complete with sound.

When I try to use mpg, mpeg or avi files the playback appears to crash my browser.  I have tried several different files of these types and all seem to cause the same issue.

The window appears and the controls show up but the play button remains greyed out and the browser sits there locked up - reports not responding in the window.  I have managed to get some debug info which I can't interpret and will post in a following message since it will crash my browser to create now!

I have cpg1.3.2 and have integrated with phpBB2 and use GD (sorting out ImageMagick with my host at the moment).

I also tried these files with Firefox and although I had no plugin to play the avi, the mpg window appeared and it played without the controls showing, so I am assuming that this is an ie related problem and that Firefox is just not 'quite there yet'.

I apologise in advance if my description is incomplete or that my searches have failed to discover this problem if it is known, or indeed if it just comes down to being a microsoft problem.

Perhaps someone might like to test my upload of these files at:

http://www.archeli.com/cpg132

there is a test account:
coppermine
cpg

http://www.archeli.com/cpg132/thumbnails.php?album=1

this link should contain the various types that I am struggling with.

Thanks again for the consideration and support if anyone can  assist,

I am also very happy to clarify or repost elsewhere if this query is out of line.  I am starting to know something about what I am doing with php and forum software but consider myself a very humble beginner.

Will.*
\x\\\\_

stardotstar

• Coppermine newbie
  • give it a name
    • arcHELI
Re: problems with .avi, .mpg and ie6 playback cpg132 int phpBB2
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 10:59:02 am »

By way of  a BUMP - noone had this before?  I am having some of my users test the problem but I am no further ahead myself.

Thanks for reading guys.

Coppermine is working so well for me in every other respect :)

Will
\x\\\\_

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: problems with .avi, .mpg and ie6 playback cpg132 int phpBB2
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 11:14:46 am »

I can confirm that the avi and mpeg files you currently have in your gallery don't work, but that doesn't prove anything. Do they work locally on your box? You have to understand that coppermine doesn't touch the video files themeselves - it doesn't even create a thumbnail (because the libraries GD and ImageMagick can't), so anything your browser can display should be displayed just fine. I tried uploading a small, known good avi file that works as expected: http://www.archeli.com/cpg132/displayimage.php?pos=-32 displays fine for me, so this is a proof of concept: coppermine on your server is capable of displaying avi files as well - I'm sure it will do fine with mpeg files either, so basically the files you're having issues with are "to blame". No sure what to recommend, except re-encoding them in a format that works for everyone.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.