Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Installation  (Read 3750 times)

rob

• Coppermine newbie
Help - Installation
« on: January 04, 2005, 09:11:41 am »

I have installed coppermine in www.whatever.com/coppermine.   I wanted to install it in the root directory, but it wouldnt let me!?!?  Is this possible??  It says the directory '/public_html' already exists - which it does.  But why does that matter. 

When someone comes to my website, i want coppermine to come up immediately....So i redirected the traffic to the '/coppermine' directory.  The problem with this is that I have another domain hosted on my account.  So if people go to www.theotherone.com, they get redirected to www.whatever.com/coppermine.  Which I dont want.

Pretty lost here....Thanks,
Rob

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Help - Installation
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 09:30:11 am »

Yes, it's possible to have coppermine installed in the root. You put all the coppermine files in public_html, instead of having them in a subfolder called coppermine. Make sure to back up everything before moving things around. You should move your current files into a separate folder in case there are conflicting names, such as index.php, or images folder.

rob

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 09:34:30 am »

But can I just install it into that directory???  Or do I have to move them all???   

If it has to be 'moved', then move everything???  All directories, files, etc????

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 09:57:02 am »

If it's already 'installed', you can just move all files and folders, you don't need to reinstall. You would have to go into Config and where it has the url for the gallery near the top of the list of options, update the gallery url, which mentions ecard target, but it really should mean gallery url.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.