Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ecard disable  (Read 2814 times)

Lonestrikes

• Coppermine newbie
Ecard disable
« on: November 06, 2003, 10:36:38 am »

Is there a way to disable everyone from using Ecard. Everything about this script is perfect for me except for that. The reason is that I operate a photography website, and my photos are copyrighted material. I don't want just anyone to send my photos out like that.

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Ecard disable
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 11:15:33 am »

3 steps:
  • when in admin mode, go to group settings and set ecards to "no" for all groups
  • remove the link to ecards from your theme: edit /themes/yourtheme/theme.php and get rid of
    Code: [Select]
    <a href="{ECARD_TGT}" title="{ECARD_TITLE}">and the code surrounding it that makes up the table for it.
  • if you're paranoid, edit ecard.php and insert a die statement[/list:u]You shouldn't put copyrighted stuff (or stuff you're afarid someone could steal) on the internet at all. Maybe you can add a watermark to all your pics before you upload them ("This pic has been stolen at www.yoursite.com"). :wink:

GauGau

Lonestrikes

• Coppermine newbie
Ecard disable
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 12:05:05 pm »

Thanks for the information. I did everything you said and it worked out perfect. Its just I am a photographer and that is my work, the images are copyrighted by me. I thought about the watermark idea, but it takes away from the image. Again thanks

Lonestrikes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.