Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some help with the Top Rated category...  (Read 12090 times)

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
Need some help with the Top Rated category...
« on: December 31, 2004, 05:21:05 pm »

This is the first time I've ever posted on the forum so please bear with me....  I would like to know how to have the pics in the top rated category actually be in order of votes...  On the first page there is the top rated pic with 12 votes then on page 6 there are the pics with 1 vote but then it starts all over again, page 7 has top rated of 10 votes then page 11 has the pics with one vote and it keeps going like that.  You have to go through all the pages to find the top rated pic which is now somewhere on page 20.  How can I change this so the top rated pic is on the first page and the lowest rated on the last, in order? ???

Thanks,
SHARONB
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 01:40:31 am by kegobeer »

Nibbler

Re: Need some help with the Top Rated category...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 05:43:24 pm »

Can you post a link to your site please ?

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 10:27:15 pm »

My site deals with some very sensitive topics so I would rather not.  Is there anyway I can get help without posting my site?

Thanks,
SHARONB

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 10:37:34 pm »

1.2 is a very old gallery.  Have you considered upgrading to 1.3.2.  And to make sure we aren't wasting our time, you don't have a phpnuke site with Coppermine as a nuke module, do you?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005, 11:06:27 pm »

First of all, no I use phpBB.  Since I am fairly new to the forum and Photo Gallery stuff, is it difficult to upgrade? ???

SHARONB

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005, 11:20:36 pm »

You didn't install Coppermine?  Are you sure you are using 1.2?  No, it's easy to upgrade.  Just download 1.3.2 from our site, extract the files, and follow the instructions in /docs/index.html.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2005, 11:28:23 pm »

Coppermine is installed on the forum.  I was sure it was 1.2 but I could be wrong.  How can I find out for sure?  If Ii do an upgrade will it get rid of all my graphics?  Could it possibly fix the problem in the Top Rated category?

SHARONB

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 11:44:35 pm »

Upgrading does not damage your files, or the database.  If you "view source" when your gallery is displayed, there may be a comment line at the bottom telling you the version.  If not, you will have to use your FTP client (or web manager if your host provided you with one) to download index.php, then look at the file with a text editor to see what version you have.

You could always post a link to your site.  I don't know what sensitive information you have that you wish to prevent people from seeing, especially given the nature of the internet.  But hey, it's up to you.

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2005, 12:04:00 am »

I couldn't locate what version it is...  Is it okay if I IM you the link to the Forum/Photo Gallery?

Thanks,
SHARONB

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005, 12:46:08 am »

Sure.  I won't post the link, but I will post whatever I find here.  Hopefully this thread will benefit others, too.

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2005, 12:53:19 am »

Just sent the IM... Sure, you can post your findings. 

Thanks,
SHARONB

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2005, 01:27:13 am »

Yep, looks like 1.2.  An upgrade is very easy.  You'll just have to download 1.3.2 and follow the upgrade instructions in the documentation.  Make sure to back up your original files and back up your database before doing the upgrade.  Any custom themes should also be backed up.

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2005, 01:32:46 am »

I guess I will go ahead and bite the bullet and try the upgrade. Do you think that will correct the "Top Rated" problem?

I am not really sure how to back everything up.  Do a complete site back-up through the web hosting?  Will that back up the custom themes also?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2005, 02:37:50 am »

You should make a copy of the themes directory, and then do a site backup.  This way if the upgrade goes horribly wrong you can recover by doing a site restore.  The custom themes you have shouldn't be overwritten, unless of course they have the same names as the 1.3.2 themes.

Don't forget to back up your database.  Your host should have some sort of MySQL control panel available, or a tool like phpMyAdmin, that you can use to back up your database.

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2005, 06:50:04 am »

I have everything backed up and the upgraded to 1.3.2 by following the documentation.  I thought I did everything right but when I tried to open the site, I received this message....

Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

Now I'm not sure what to do?  I have never tried anything like this before and it doesn't look too promising...

Any tips?

Thanks

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 06:58:00 am »

Did you use the include/config.inc.php file from before or the new one from the installation pack? You need to use the one you used to use, so hopefully it is backed up.

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2005, 07:02:28 am »

I just checked the date and I kept the old one but updated the config.inc.php.sample.  I did notice that on the old version i didn't have an anycontent.php and i didn't add the new one.  I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

Would it be easier just to delete the old one in FTP and just install the new version and add my pics to that?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 07:17:49 am »

Please list all steps you did, in as much detail as you can.  Definitely don't start from scratch just yet.

SHARONB

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2005, 07:35:51 am »

First of all I went to Nexcess.net and backed up the forum which the Photo Gallery is connected to.  Then I went to Documentation on this site and found "Upgrading from cpg1.2.0rc2 or better to version cpg1.3.2".  Since I already backed everything up, I went to the next step and removed the "Install.php" from the old version.  Then basically I copied all the files into the old version except for "albums" and "include/config.inc.php" and overwrote all the old stuff.  Like I said before the older version did not have "anycontent.php" so I didn't add the new one.

After that I added "edit" under "album", didn't change it to 777 yet, not sure how to do that.  Then I hit "update.php" under the Coppermine folder.

I'm not sure if I needed to do anything else but I went ahead and tried to link to it and that's when I got the error message.  

Like I said I'm new at this and have no clue in what I'm doing...

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2005, 07:38:41 am »

Did you receive any messages during the update?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.