Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parse error in french lang file  (Read 5355 times)

Nibbler

Parse error in french lang file
« on: December 29, 2004, 06:11:19 pm »

Code: [Select]
'notice1' => '(*) en fonction de la configuration des %sgroupes%s', (do not translate %s!)
Why was that commited without being at least briefly tested ?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 01:03:33 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Parse error in french lang file
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 06:39:03 pm »

Why was that commited without being at least briefly tested ?
simply lack of time - people send me language file updates all the time, I just can't/won't check them, as the cpg1.3.x language files within the devel branch are anyway just there as "proof of concept" for the language fallback feature, they need to be replaced with "real" 1.4 language files before the release. Keeping track of all the languages, the suggested fixes etc. is a very time-consuming thing; that's why I asked Olivier if he could take over this issue, hopefully untested language file commits will not happen in the future.
I'm sorry if this has caused you trouble, should I completely roll back the fixes to french.php I committed lately or will you fix the parse error and commit?

Joachim

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 06:43:37 pm »

I'm afraid to touch lang files for fear of messing up the encoding, it just seems odd to commit untested files.

chtito

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I run Mac OS X, despite the penguin ;)
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 08:14:02 pm »

I will handle the language files updates. I have missed this mistake because i use the utf-8 version and it had not the mistake... Edited: Oh! then i'm probably the culprit... Gaugau is really not to blame because it really is cumbersome to maintain these language files...

Anyway, the parse error is fixed.

cheers!

== Olivier
Vous pouvez poser vos questions en français sur le forum francophone !

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 08:27:39 pm »

Thanks Olivier.

On a side note - it is vital to check user contributed lang files, otherwise anyone could hide a print_r($CONFIG) in their translation for some obscure language and compromise everyone's galleries in one small step.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 05:59:38 am »

@Olivier: in the past I mainly updated the "regular" language files and created the utf-8 encoded ones based on the "regular" ones. In most cases I created the utf-8 versions when committing any changes, but there may be exceptions I'm not aware of. If translations differ, you should use the "regular" ones and create utf-8 versions based on them.

@Tommy: I didn't commit language files updates sent by others as they were, but did a diff view and copy'n pasted the updates from the new contributions into the existing files, visually comparing the code I copied, so it's very unlikely I copied a backdoor in the code over. The "usual" resulting errors when not testing every aspect of changes in the language files are parse errors or JavaScript errors because of unescaped single quotes.

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 08:43:06 am »

Olivier, has this been fixed?

Joachim

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 01:03:44 pm »

It is, yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.