Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Command line tools?  (Read 4456 times)

adameros

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/adameros/
Command line tools?
« on: December 27, 2004, 10:55:01 pm »

I have a number of directories of images I would like to add to my Coppermine archive, but rather than having to sit and load directory by dorectory to the archive, I would like to use some sort fo command line tools.

All the directory names match what I will name the albums, so I would love it if there were two commands that did the following:

albumcreate owner group pulic/group/private albumname
imageadd owner albumname imagefile

Then I could do something like this:
cd /archive
foreach a ( * )
  albumcreate adam friends group $a
  imageadd adam $a $a/*
end

Then I could go take a nap for a few hours and when I get back up all the images would be loaded.

This will make migration from anyother gallery program to Coppermine a breeze. Has anyone written anything to do this?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Command line tools?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 05:04:37 am »

such a script hasn't been written yet (it'd require shell access to your webserver and in-depth knowledge both of mySQL and ImageMagick to accomplish a command line tool, which could of course only be used by a handfull of people, since most users are webhosted). Every PHP script would time out if you were going to add hundreds of pics in one go. Did you have a look at the batch-add tool (the recommended upload method for coppermine site admins is ftp-upload and batch-add). It won't create albums for you though, but it'd be rather easy to code a php script that crawls through a defined folder structure and creates categories and albums that matches the folder structure (although you'd have to create a script like that on your own, as I doubt someone here will). What amount of pics are we talking about?

Joachim

peda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 09:04:32 am »

I recently wrote a simple Perl script for adding photos in my gallery via command line ... If you are interested, I can send you/post this script. It
is still very beta ...
Currently this script searches all files in a directory with a .jpg-extension, takes each photo, resizes it (via GD library), reads exif data and
adds everything in the mysql database to a given categorie and album.
There are also command line scripts to add an album/categorie!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 09:32:06 am »

We're definitely interessted in such a script, please attach it to your reply (using "Additional options" when composing your message).
You might as well want to take a look at Batch add with automatic album/cat structure from directory tree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.