Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Description field... go out please!!  (Read 3257 times)

Leny

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
Description field... go out please!!
« on: December 27, 2004, 09:43:32 pm »

Hi guys. Sorry my english, i hope u can undestand  :P

Im wondering if this is possible: erase, take off, eliminate 'description filed'. I just want to use "Custom fields" to show information about picts.
I.E:
Custom fields
  • Name
  • State

I know how to use Custom fields, but i dont know how to eliminate 'description filed'.
Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 08:53:49 pm by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Description field... go out please!!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 05:36:22 am »

All you have to do is hide the description field from your users when they upload or edit a file, so edit upload.php, find
Code: [Select]
                        <textarea name="$name" rows="5" cols="40" wrap="virtual"  class="textinput" style="width: 100%;" onKeyDown="textCounter(this, $max_length);" onKeyUp="textCounter(this, $max_length);"></textarea>and disable it by replacing with
Code: [Select]
                        <input type="hidden" name="$name" />. Then edit editpics.php and editOnePic.php similarly (find the <textarea> code). Remember to back up every file before you modify it (haven't tested the modification).

Joachim

Leny

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 11:32:05 pm »

Thanks for answer!  :)
I did what you told me and 'Description field text area' vanished  ;) but its title is still there. But i think I could fix it leaving blank that value in my lenguaje file, right?. Only a colored row will appear this way, right?

NOTE: when im logged like Administrator, errors appears after make changes (i have Miscellaneous settings: Enable debug mode Yes:Admin only):

In main page:
Warning: Undefined index: filename in /var/www/mydomain.com/public_html/coppdirectory/index.php on line 601

Inside an Album:
Warning: Undefined index: keyword in /var/www/mydomain.com/public_html/coppdirectory/thumbnails.php on line 78

After clicked on image:
Warning: Undefined index: keyword in /var/www/mydomain.com/public_html/coppdirectory/include/functions.inc.php on line 464
Warning: Undefined variable: meta_keywords in /var/www/mydomain.com/public_html/coppdirectory/displayimage.php on line 632

???

Last thing.... can I do the same to the Field "Keywords"?? ... erase, take off, eliminate 'Keyword filed'  :o Im a fields killer jejejejejjeje THANKS a lot!!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 11:55:59 pm by Leny »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 07:18:41 pm »

go through the code as mentioned above and hide the description caption as well, or do it as you suggested by replacing the word in your language file; doesn't matter. You can hide the keyword field as well, but it's not that easy, as the textarea filed used for the description was unique, but the input field php code for the keywords isn't, you'll have to use another approach.
The warnings you posted are no reason for concern, you're advised to disable debug_mode if you don't actually experience problems, that's what the name "debug mode" already hints: only use it for debugging. If the debugging messages don't mean a thing to you they're useless, don't you think? ;)

Joachim

Leny

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 08:49:52 pm »

Well... im happy because your help  ;D
  • Description field, say good bye ejjejeje
  • The errors mentioned dont affect normal work of the script, at first sight... cool.
  • Keywords field... i´ll think on another title that match with my needs... no problem jojojo

So, I think you can make this trhead "Solved" by now. ;)

THANKS TOO TOO TOOO MUCH GauGau  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.