Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add users to multiple groups and add multiple groups to an album  (Read 5369 times)

SurfDude

• Coppermine novice
    • http://surfdude.student.utwent.nl
Add users to multiple groups and add multiple groups to an album
« on: December 27, 2004, 03:46:26 pm »

I'm using CPG for quite a long time now and I really love it, but I have a problem now. I want to show some albums to more then one group: in the properties of an album I can set that it's allowed for one group to view it, but I want more then one group to see it. Is there a way to do so?
My second question: I want some users to be in more then one group. For example: the user John should by in the group Family and in the groups Friends. Is there a way to do so?

Thanks in advance!
Frans AKA SurfDude || My Gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Add users to multiple groups and add multiple groups to an album
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 04:04:36 pm »

I'm using CPG for quite a long time now and I really love it, but I have a problem now. I want to show some albums to more then one group: in the properties of an album I can set that it's allowed for one group to view it, but I want more then one group to see it. Is there a way to do so?
Yes, membership in several groups is the solution (see below).
My second question: I want some users to be in more then one group. For example: the user John should by in the group Family and in the groups Friends. Is there a way to do so?
Sure, edit the properties of a user - add him to one (or more) secondary groups.

Joachim

SurfDude

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 06:30:24 pm »

Yes, membership in several groups is the solution (see below).
Sure, edit the properties of a user - add him to one (or more) secondary groups.

Joachim
Okay, thanks, that's clear. I only checked my own (administrator) settings, and therefore I didn't saw the option of putting one in several groups...

But still I want to know if I can make an album viewable by more than one group. Adding people to more groups is not the solution for that. For example: the group Family should see album A and B, and the group Friends should see album B and C. So I want to add the group Family and the group Friends to album B.
I can add all friends and family to a group called FamilyAndFriends, and add that group to album B, but that's not a very direct way...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 08:16:12 pm »

...but doing it the way you describe (having a group "FriendsAndFamily") is currently the only solution available - like it or not. More granular permissions management is planned for future versions of coppermine, but currently not available.

Joachim

SurfDude

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 11:59:17 pm »

...but doing it the way you describe (having a group "FriendsAndFamily") is currently the only solution available - like it or not. More granular permissions management is planned for future versions of coppermine, but currently not available.

Joachim
Ok, very clear then. Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to the new versions. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.