Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: attempt adding album in user mode = YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO ACCESS THIS PAG  (Read 5155 times)

jsweatte

• Coppermine newbie

I have just installed coppermine under egroupware so I am sort of overwhelmed by all the options available. I am using the only id I have defined to coppermine which is in the administrator group. I have set the option to allow users to have their own gallery. I am in user mode and go to 'my gallery > userid' and click on album. This returns a message, 'YOU DON"T HAVE PERMISSION TO ACCESS THIS PAGE' and on the next line there is an additional message, 'File: /var/www/html/egroupware/cpg/albmgr.php - Line: 25'. If I go to admin mode I can add an album as indicated by the documentation using the same userid. This leads me to think that the permissions on the albums directory are OK, they are set to 777. I could add a user and try to use that ID to add a album but I figure I have something misconfigured and/or don't understand the correct way to configure for allowing users to add albums. I have looked on this forum and several others and I must confess I can't find a topic entry or documentation hat explains this issue...at least so I understand it. It is my understanding that users can add albums if given the capability via admin to have their own gallery and I have set that capability (I think). What is the relationship between permissions and being in and out of admin mode and how does that relate to adding an album?

Thanks

Joel

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

I don't know what egroupware is, but I recommend never to leave admin mode: the admin mode/user mode switch just toggles wether the admin menu is being displayed or not, that's all. Leave it always on, it won't hurt (i.e. stay in admin mode all the time).

The first step should be to read the documentation that comes with coppermine (and that is available as well online by clicking on the "documentation" link at the top of all pages on this site).

You start by creating an album, then you start playing with coppermine by adding some small pics to it. After you found out how it works, delete the pics you added for playing, go to coppermine config, set up all the switches and settings there (as playing with coppermine should have given you an idea what they're good for). Then create the category/albums structure you want, upload some actual pics and integrate you gallery to your site's navigation (this way you tell people it actually exists, so you switch it "live").

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.