Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload.php not accesible? It was... and I didn't change anything.  (Read 5301 times)

Berek

• Coppermine newbie

I've done an extensive search for this problem in the forums ahead of time and came up with pretty far off comparison, nothing being really helpful, so I'm hoping to post it now to see if something is obvious.  I was receiving problems that a new user to the gallery wasn't able to upload a file.  I had done this just this morning without any problems, not changing anything with the files at all since then.  I checked another site I had Coppermine installed on, on the same server, and that doesn't upload either now.  The only thing I did since then was backup the site by downloading the files and backing up the SQL database.

The site is http://www.eq2servers.com.  You can see for yourself the gallery and such.  (I'd like to get it to port into phpnuke but that isn't working right, and is another issue.)

Now I get this spontaneously in IE:

The resource cannot be displayed...

HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable
Internet Explorer

And after I try again I get this in IE:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------

And in Firefox this comes up:

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /coppermine/db_input.php could not be found on this server

---------------------------------

Everything was working peachy before.  Files are there, folder/file permissions are correct.  Why would the site work but this?  Is it a temporary issue possibly?  I did compare the server settings of safe_mode (which I have silly safe mode enabled... well, I have the added code in the one file anyway so hopefully its working.), and the settings are identical to what they were when I first setup gallery.

Any ideas?  Thank you ahead of time.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 06:25:40 pm by kegobeer »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Upload.php not accesible? It was... and I didn't change anything.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 03:27:00 pm »

We don't offer support for the nuke version of Coppermine.  If you want a port that fits into your site, look at www.cpgnuke.com.

I didn't have any problem seeing your standalone gallery.  Create a test user, post the name and login here, and I'll see if I can upload anything.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Berek

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 06:17:56 pm »

No no, I AM using the regular version of coppermine.  Its with phpnuke, but its purely standalone.  It's essentially a link on my site and thats it.  As far as I can tell it doesn't use any phpnuke.  Thank you for the link though, as I still would like to integrate the user database.

What's funny... its working again.  I don't understand it.  It must have been some weird server issue perhaps?

Thank you. 

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 06:24:53 pm »

It must have been a server issue.

If you want to integrate Coppermine into your phpnuke site you are out of luck.  The port developers dropped support for phpnuke (there are stickies explaining why, feel free to search and read them).  Your options are to visit www.cpgnuke.com and switch to cpgnuke, or switch to postnuke.  There is a postnuke board here on our forum.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Berek

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 06:35:05 pm »

Hehe, thnx for the offer but I think PHPnuke is the best choice out of those three.  I wouldn't want to switch to something secondary.  It's too bad they don't support it :(.  I'll do a search and read up on some things.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.