Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About the photographer?  (Read 3016 times)

mikejl29

• Coppermine newbie
About the photographer?
« on: December 22, 2004, 01:18:46 am »

Excuse me if this has been discussed before. I attempted to phrase it multiple ways in the search area but came up empty handed. I would like to add on an "About" and "Contact" to the top of my Coppermine. I am no master of PHP by any stretch of the imagination. Along the top menu I would simply like it to have "Album List" "Last Uploads" "Last Comments" "Most Viewed" "Top Rated" "Search" "About" and finally "Contact." These new pages don't need to be anything fancy at all. Hopefully they could just use the same template as the Coppermine already does and keep the menu along the top. I just want to be able to add some basic HTML and text in those new sections. Could anyone advise me as to what needs editing/adding? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: About the photographer?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 09:00:53 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=10727.0

miniCMS, by Tarique, adds the ability to add standard HTML pages to your cpg.
Should be what you are looking for. Read the thread, it also tells how to add extra buttons in the menu etc.

;D

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 10:49:48 am »

You could also use this method, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=12077.0

just creat 2 empty pages, and put in your own content.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

mikejl29

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 11:03:11 am »

Hey guys thanks a lot.

I tried to upload the CMS but couldn't even figure out where to add the SQL data to so I figured I was in over my head. That second idea is exactly what will work for me. Just some basic PHP editing which I can manage on no crazy tables or anything like that to deal with. Thank you both for your help.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.