Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customizing the look of my gallery...  (Read 2792 times)

avblue

• Coppermine newbie
Customizing the look of my gallery...
« on: December 21, 2004, 02:53:09 am »

Hi.

I'm new to Coppermine.  I have everything set up, but I was wondering how I would go about customizing the gallery further than simply changing the colors of a classic template.  A good example of what I'm looking to do is here.  To do this, would I need to edit the template file and then just create the HTML codes that I would need to get the gallery to look like that and then insert the proper elements between { } later on?  Or is it more complex?  Please help!  Thanks.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: Customizing the look of my gallery...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 03:14:48 am »

Only half of the html associated with a theme is in the template.html. The other half is sliced and diced inside of the theme.php.

It's not tough even for a PHP newbie to look at the templates inside of the theme.php and make changes. But you DO have to have a decent HTML background so that you can read/write HTML without a WYSIWYG editor.

I would suggest as a starting point get a theme that has the "bones" of what you want in your theme. Hardwired might be a good one to start with. But all of the contributed themes have made thier way onto the demo site so you can take a closer look at each one of them.

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/demo/

Pick one you like, keep a backup, tweak small things until you get the hang of it.  

snork13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 04:04:36 am »

3 files you would edit:

template.html
theme.php
style.css

these files would be in the theme folder of the gallery within specific theme. i think the classis is a good theme to modify

i had a look at that sites source code, and they are using onmouseover style calls, not recommended. as some browers don't handle them correctly

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 04:28:13 am »

Read the sticky threads in the themes/skins/templates board to get started.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=26.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.