Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can catagories be displayed in multiple columns?  (Read 2553 times)

everettcomstock

• Coppermine newbie
Can catagories be displayed in multiple columns?
« on: November 05, 2003, 12:31:00 am »

Hi,
  I am new to Coppermine, but I am very impressed with this script. I have to say that it is by far the best all around photo gallery script that I have used.
  I was wondering if the script can be modified so that the catagories table could have multiple columns? The way I organize my album is by year, month, and event.  And I have twenty years of pictures to organize. It would be a very space saving display if I could have the the catagories (years) displayed in multiple columns and rows. I will try to illustrate, but I am not sure how it will look on this board:

1995   1996   1997
1998   1999   2000
2001   2001   2003

Is there any way to modify the code so that the catagories will be displayed in this manner? Please respond to this post or feel free to e-mail me at everettcomstock@hotmail.com. Thank you, Everett

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Can catagories be displayed in multiple columns?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 01:51:58 am »

I believe Rodinou has done something like this.  Take a look at his sites, which are listed in his post signature.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=557
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

everettcomstock

• Coppermine newbie
Re:
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 04:28:39 am »

Hey Hyperion,
   Thank you for the quick reply. Rodinou's sites aren't quite what I am looking for however. I would basically like to be able organize my catagories the same way you can already oganize you albums. There is a parameter in the Copermine config section that allows you to set the number of columns used to display the ablums in a catagory. I would like to do the exact same thing with the catagories, but I believe that this is a modification that will have to take place in the code, and not the site theme. I believe the function that reads the catagories and displys them in a table will have to be modified, but unfortunately I am not skilled enough with PHP to do this. If yourself, or anyone else could help direct me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thank you,
                                                                                 Everett
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.