Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catergory Pictures  (Read 2913 times)

davec

• Coppermine novice
Catergory Pictures
« on: December 17, 2004, 11:52:07 am »

I realise that catergory pictures can be added but the pics are taken from an album. Is there a way to create a seperate folder and all catergory pics/thumbnails are called from there? I basically want car badges as catergory thumbnails but don't want them displayed in the actual albums. I think looking at it I may need to alter quite a bit of code and possibly add a new sql table. Any ideas please  ;D

Dave

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Catergory Pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 01:19:46 pm »

The easy way to do this would be to use bb code in the cat description, to link to the pic direct.  No need to change any code, which would be complicated.

So your category description for BMW would be something like this, without the spaces;

[img ]http://www.mysite.com/images/bmw.gif[/ img] BMW........
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

majay

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 12:01:53 am »

I have a related question, so I didn't see the need to start a new thread for this: can you create tables using bbcodes in category descriptions? What I would like to do is to put a picture and a description right next to it, but so that the text is on the top level of the picture, rather than at the bottom or under it. I'm sorry it's quite unclear but I don't really know how to explain...
This is what I've tried to put in the category description, but it doesn't work:
Code: [Select]
[table][tr][td][img]http://www.domain.com/picture.jpg[/img][/td][td]Description...[/td][/tr][/table]

Thanks if someone has a solution.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:57:44 am »

no, table-related bbcode currently is not supported within coppermine.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.