Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Not writable." Directory  (Read 10986 times)

davecruz

• Coppermine newbie
"Not writable." Directory
« on: December 17, 2004, 04:11:43 am »

Hey guys, I'm running Coppermine 1.2 and love it...I've been running it for months...but recently have encountered a problem.  2 of my users only have this problem.  Their album directorys are "Not writable." or so it says in my batch add pictures menu.  They can't upload any pictures anymore.  Now, I opened my FTP expecting this to be a permissions problem, but all of the album directories are set with permissions 755 which should work.  Has anyone else encountered this problem or does anyone know a solution?  Any support would be appreciated.

+d
http://www.davecruz.info

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Not writable." Directory
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 06:44:39 am »

Your users have ftp access and are allowed to batch-add pics? Obviously not, they would have to be admins. Using batch-add you mustn't touch the userpics folder, the uploads must go into another folder (you create) in "albums" directory.
Read the coppermine documentation for details.
Don't trust the permission status your ftp app shows you, just re-apply CHMOD to the folders in question.

Joachim

chinedu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 04:21:43 am »

I am wondering how to change my directoriess to 755 i my FTP and I cannot figure it out.  I am trying to make my galleries and I have to do them one by one. Driving me nuts ???

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 04:37:01 am »

You need to read the help files that come with your ftp client.  All ftp clients have the ability to change file permissions.  If your site has some sort of control panel, you can use its file manager to change permissions.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 04:38:28 am »

Could you please describe how you extracted/uploaded your files? The permissions should be 755/644, but it's based on the method.

Kitelife

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 04:30:14 am »

Same problem just started up on my Coppermine as well...

When one of my users tries to upload or delete a picture in Coppermine 1.2.1 they're getting a "critical error" message stating that "Directory 'albums/userpics/10024/' is not writable, pictures can't be deleted"

Any idea what the problem is?

I did check the CHMOD (755 as it always was, even changed it off and back), it had been working fine up until a couple days ago.

Thanks in advance!

skypix

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 05:22:57 pm »

I'm having the same problems.  I made sure the permissions were all correct, but I still get this:

http://www.skypix7.com/gallery/searchnew.php

Mine is a new install.  Everything working fine except for batch upload. 

Thanks for any help, this would make life simpler if it worked. 

Kitelife

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 11:25:27 pm »

Again, if anyone has a solution to this problem it would be great... After paying for this script, I should hope it works?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 04:52:39 pm »

Again, if anyone has a solution to this problem it would be great... After paying for this script, I should hope it works?

Where did you pay for coppermine.  The script itself is free.  It is the services of others in installing it, or mods they have applied, that you pay for.

And you should upgrade, (for free) by getting the latest stable version, 1.3.2, from the downloads section.

It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Kitelife

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 12:16:32 am »

Ah, right you are... So many scripts, so little time.  ;)

I understand about upgrading, but that means MASSIVE work reformatting my templates and everything... For the time being, doesn't anyone have a solution to this issue?

Error message: Destination directory albums/userpics/10006/ is not writable by the script !

I have changed permissions to 777, then back to 755 with no results either way.

We'll look at upgrading in the near future, but my customers could really use a working script at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Kitelife

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 01:00:54 am »

*removed*

Moved to 1.3.2 support.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 02:13:51 am by Kitelife »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 01:58:12 am »

Don't double post.  Choose this post or the post you made in the 1.3 standalone board.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.