Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos won't download.  (Read 6360 times)

Belbee

• Coppermine newbie
Photos won't download.
« on: February 09, 2005, 09:09:54 pm »

Hey guys, I seem to have a problem with my gallery at a fansite that I run. I can see everything fine and so can most other people, but I have some people complaining to me that they can't see the photos in the gallery, they won't download at all. Is there any reason with Coppermine that that could occur or is it most likely a problem with their computers? The gallery in question is at: http://ian-thorpe.org/gallery/

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Photos won't download.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 09:20:42 pm »

Do you have hotlink protection enabled and do they have security applications like Norton Internet Security that blocks referer info?

Belbee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 09:24:19 pm »

It's not actually me who can't see them, it's only a couple of visitors to the site. I do have hotlink protection enabled but I really need to keep that. I have quite a number of sites that try to hotlink to the photos and my bandwidth would run out without it. I used to use the cPanel hotlink protection but that seemed to cause a lot more problems. So I changed the way I did it and now only these couple of people can't see them. Norton can be a problem with Coppermine can it? I'm just trying to work out something I can tell them to try and help them see the photos.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 09:28:37 pm »

You shouldn't have to turn off that protection because some people want to use silly software settings. Try this thread: http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23214

You can edit the .htaccess file so they don't have to change anything on their side.

Belbee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 09:50:22 pm »

Thankyou so much for your help. :-) Just one last question with the htaccess code, with this line here:

Code: [Select]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.lunarforums.com/.*$ [NC]
Do I change the lunarforums url to my own domain?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 09:54:36 pm »

Yes, that was just an example. You should already have most of the code since you already have hotlink protection enabled. You just need to add the line as instructed. Make sure to make a backup of .htaccess. Once you manually edit it, cpanel can overwrite your changes with its own.

Belbee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 09:57:20 pm »

Yes, my htaccess file is exactly the same as the one in the other thread except for that one line.

Thankyou so much for your help. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.