Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.3 NOT working with php-4.3.10!!  (Read 41731 times)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: CPG 1.3 NOT working with php-4.3.10!!
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 04:22:50 pm »

Download the 1.3.2 zip and install it.  See if you get the same errors.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

tradenet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 04:31:36 pm »

OK something is VERY wrong with the CVS version.
I just downloaded the tar ball off of sourceforge and over wrote the files and all works fine...as it appears now.
 ???

Rosely

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 01:53:59 pm »

Ha ha ha.  That's a good one.  Coppermine corrupts the MySQL tables.  Never heard that one before.

Some versions of MySQL have trouble dealing with FULLTEXT which can lead to corruption.  There are also many other situations that can cause corruption.  Here's a good article that talks about it.

http://www.google.nl/search?q=Coppermine+There+was+an+error+while+processing+a+database+query&hl=nl&lr=&start=10&sa=N

hmm... is that mysql or coppermine???
we're using the newest stable version of MySQL and PHP.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 01:58:30 pm »

What's the purpose of the link you provided?  If you want help, you need to provide a lot more information than just a quote and a link to a Google search.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

Rosely

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005, 12:41:13 am »

I'm sorry I wasn't clear.

I was pointing you to the enormous amount of people that have the same error and most of them don't know how to fix it.
They all have the error: "There was an error while processing a database query"

The same error I had and what means that a mysql table is corrupted. and which you can solve by repairing the table like I've written before.

I was trying to make you aware of how many people have the problem in the hope that you would see that this is a problem that Coppermine gives and that it isn't a problem in MySQL or PHP... And that hopefully you guys, the builders, the perfectionists (at least I would be if it were my product), would find a way to build your software around this problem.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 03:51:39 am »

That generic error is displayed in lieu of the actual MySQL error statement.  You have to enable debug output in order to see the actual error message.  I would wager less than one percent are the result of a corrupted table.

If you do some research on other database intesive apps, like SMF, phpBB, etc, you will see posts on those sites dealing with corrupted tables.

There is no "way around" this problem.  Coppermine, like the other apps, isn't responsible for a corrupted table.  Shared hosting, servers that can't handle the strain, old (beta, old, buggy, etc) versions of MySQL, and unforseen environmental problems can all contribue to a corrupted MySQL table.

We know that people sometimes encounter a corrupted table, you don't have to "make us aware" of that.  But we also know that Coppermine isn't the problem.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 09:17:31 am »

The same error I had and what means that a mysql table is corrupted. and which you can solve by repairing the table like I've written before.
Kegobeer is absolutely right, just to make this absolutely clear, let me repeat: the error message you quote does not necessarily mean your mySQL table is broken, it just means "there's something fishy related to the mySQL connection", but the reasons are manifold.
You just drew the wrong conclusions, your posting is irrelevant (and doesn't belong into this thread in the first place).

Joachim

Rosely

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2005, 09:48:22 pm »

Well never mind then. Luckily I know how to fix the problem if it shows up again.

Other than that error Coppermine is great and I wanna say THANK YOU for sharing this gallery with us all.

Sorry for wrongposting, I thought it would be the right place as it talks about mysql errors and all.

Plus I just wanted to give people the solution to this problem as it shows up very often and this way (repair table) is the way to fix it (it worked for other people aswell.)

Shared hosting, servers that can't handle the strain, old (beta, old, buggy, etc) versions of MySQL, and unforseen environmental problems can all contribue to a corrupted MySQL table.
PS I just wanted to say: yeah, I have shared hosting but this server is far from full and really really up to date! (it's just been installed and all in september) besides we run the newest stable versions of all, it really can't be the server.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005, 06:33:47 am »

After all the mySQL data is stored on a hard drive, and a hard drive (even a brand new one) can fail. Just a few broken sectors on the hard drive can for example cause the MYI file to be broken. As an additional advice, I suggest you make backups both of your uploaded files and your database on a regular basis (this doesn't only apply to you, but anybody who has data on a webserver that is important).

Joachim

nol33t

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Exploring Coppermine in every directions
    • tieum's pics
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2005, 04:08:43 pm »

Hi,
about the CVS problem mentionned above in this topic, i just did a fresh install ( cpg1.3.2 with TortoiseCVS, yesterday ), and apparently there's still a file missing:

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in config.php on line 368"

no biggie, i'm not asking for support here, just wanted to let you know

-matt-

nol33t

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Exploring Coppermine in every directions
    • tieum's pics
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2005, 10:16:33 pm »

silly me that was due to the english.php file issue..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.