Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I rename a CPG folder?  (Read 4548 times)

skuba

• Coppermine newbie
How do I rename a CPG folder?
« on: December 02, 2004, 06:27:12 pm »

After I have installed CPG and have albums in it, how hard is it if I want to change the name of that CPG folder?
Let's say all files were under /gallery/ , but now I want it all under /photos/ . All I need to do is change the config?
But if I rename the folder, then config won't work, because it won't find files. Know what I mean?

Thanks a lot for helping.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How do I rename a CPG folder?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 06:49:39 pm »

You would need to FTP into your web account and rename the folder. And update the config field that points to your gallery URL. So it's not that hard.

Tod

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 01:01:45 am »

You would need to FTP into your web account and rename the folder. And update the config field that points to your gallery URL. So it's not that hard.

I'm stuck.  I know how to FTP to my remote host and change the name there but it's the second part that I'm stuck with.  If I go into Admin and select the Config tab, the only field with a URL is "Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards"  Is this where you mean?  I hope so as I've tried the config.php file on my host (no permission error) and the install.php file on my host (locked).  Any further detail would be gretly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Tod

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 01:19:42 am »

Rename gallery to photos, then change the Target address.... to reflect the change.  If your previous target was yourhost.com/gallery/ you would change it to yourhost.com/photos/
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Tod

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 07:51:35 am »

Thank you sir for clarifying for me.  All is well now and I'm on my way.  BTW how do I make a public "thank you" note for all the moderators/wizards to see?  I've gotten a tremendous amount of assistance here and I want everyone to hear about it!

-Tod

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 08:51:12 am »

if you want to help the project, rate for it on the various sites that discuss it (see the links at the bottom left of the coppermine home page). If you're ready to spend some extra time (only a few minutes), we'd appreciate if you even registered with hotscripts.com and wrote a member review on coppermine - especially since the first review there was written by a troll (aaron737) who just didn't understand the software and therefor posted incorrect/irrelevant things there.

Joachim

P.S. I don't think you need to "Sir" anyone here ;)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 12:16:35 pm »

Side note,

we realise that the name 'target address for see more pictures....' has cuased confusion, and for it to seem less important than it actually is, so it is changed in the next version, to simply 'URL of your coppermine gallery folder'
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.