Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please fix the english language file.  (Read 4920 times)

bit bit spears

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • TangibleBrit.com
please fix the english language file.
« on: January 17, 2005, 04:18:20 am »

I really think that before you release cpg 1.4.0 that you should revise and actually look at what the english language file outputs. For example, there are many grammatical errors in the script.

For one: searchnew.php

"...allows you to add a batch of file..." It should read "...allows you to add a batch of files..."

And some other errors include:

"The email can't be send !" please change it to "The e-mail cannot be sent." or something more user friendly.

Thought that might help ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 06:43:45 am by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: please fix the english language file.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 04:34:23 am »

I really think that before you release cpg 1.4.0 that you should revise and actually look at what the english language file outputs. For example, there are many grammatical errors in the script.

For one: searchnew.php

"...allows you to add a batch of file..." It should read "...allows you to add a batch of files..."

And some other errors include:

"The email can't be send !" please change it to "The e-mail cannot be sent." or something more user friendly.

Thought that might help ;)
Thank you for the report.

Please note that the dev team is comprised of members around the world and English isn't the native language for all. Also, of course we care what english.php outputs but our priority right now is the coding and the language file is not final and subject to change. Even native English speakers make mistakes when their focus is on something else. There's no point in going over it with a fine-tooth comb when things may still change.

Basically, the first line of your post was unnecessary.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 05:28:29 am by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 05:50:26 am »

[ ;D]
Thanks for reporting this really major bug - I don't know what we should have done if it hadn't been fixed, thanks to your extreme skills of proof reading. On behalf of the missing "s" you kept from getting forgotten about I say "thanks" once more. Isn't it good to know that one byte of the future coppermine release has been coded by you?
[/ ;D]

Joachim

bit bit spears

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • TangibleBrit.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 07:49:16 pm »

i'm not going to take any credit for something so marginal. gaugau, your immaturity has got to go seriously, all i was doing was trying to help.

"On behalf of the missing "s" you kept from getting forgotten about I say "thanks" once more. "
That doesn't even make sense.

Why do you have to be so rude to someone who is just trying to help. I never said this was a big issue, i just thought it would make coppermine look a little better to the users so the downloader does not have to change the grammitcal errors themselves.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 08:01:59 pm »

Like I said, your help was appreciated, but you should re-read the manner in which you presented it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.