Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add some text (to upload)/ FAQ change / Terms and Conditions  (Read 4226 times)

metamuse

• Coppermine newbie
Add some text (to upload)/ FAQ change / Terms and Conditions
« on: December 13, 2004, 10:20:37 am »

I am looking to change some of the text through the art gallery to conform to what I have set up on my website.

I need to change the FAQ, Terms and Conditions for registering and to add some text when a user tries to upload files.

It shows the text below already for uploading:

----
Upload file
Now you may upload your files using the upload boxes below. The size of files uploaded from your client to the server should not exceed 1024 KB each. ZIP files uploaded in the 'File Upload' and 'URI/URL Upload' sections will remain compressed.

When using the URI/URL upload section, please enter the path to the file like so: http://www.mysite.com/images/example.jpg

When you have completed the form, please click 'Continue'.
----

I am hoping to find where all these files are at so I can change it as needed. I did several searches, looked through the FAQ and am not finding what I need.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
MetaMuse

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Add some text (to upload)/ FAQ change / Terms and Conditions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 12:22:09 pm »

Look in your langugage file, in the /lang directory.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

MagentaMoon

• Coppermine newbie
    • Magenta Moon
edited FAQ answers disappeared
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 12:17:43 am »

I am in a very similar situation to metamuse. I've got one installation done through Fantastico. I wanted to change the on-site FAQ to indicate that only registered users could comment but only I could upload files. I figured out to look in /lang and I edited 'english'. I was very careful to edit only the answers. I did not disturb the syntax in any way. Once I had saved the edited file I reloaded the FAQ but the questions for which I had edited the answers had disappeared altogether. I went into my File Manager (in Cpanel X) and checked that everything was as and where it should be. It was. Forced a reload (^F5) of the FAQ. Information is still not there.

How do I fix this? Or should I make my own FAQ (based on the provided one) and link it as an html page within the skin I'm using?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 06:25:23 am »

if your user can't upload they won't see the section in the faq about uploads. To change this, take a look at the conditions in the language file (e.g. 'allow_user_registration', '0')

Joachim

MagentaMoon

• Coppermine newbie
    • Magenta Moon
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 01:31:49 am »

Well, if users without upload priveliges don't see that part of the FAQ anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter, but I'm the admin and currently the only user, and it bothers me that the FAQ answers I edited are now not visible to me, at all. What gives?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 08:29:29 am »

create a test user account (without admin privileges), log in with this particular account and check the faq from there. Posting a link might help as well. What other answer did you expect: if you modify code and we don't know what exactly you modified, how are we suppossed to know what's wrong with it?

Joachim

MagentaMoon

• Coppermine newbie
    • Magenta Moon
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 02:05:41 pm »

if you modify code and we don't know what exactly you modified, how are we suppossed to know what's wrong with it?

I modified the answers in the FAQ in /lang/english which pertain to registering and uploading. The data is still in the file, it's just not showing up in the on-site FAQ.

I'll do the test account thing and let you know what happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.