Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anycontent.php in a 'sidebar'  (Read 3995 times)

filmar

• Coppermine newbie
anycontent.php in a 'sidebar'
« on: December 09, 2004, 08:39:16 pm »

I would like to use the 'anycontent' for some general text and maybe some links and stuff. But I can only define the order where it comes in the 'body'. Is it possible to place it on the left side, with the categories and albums and ... beside it?

Many thanks in advance,

FilMar

Justttt

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Trippy-ILLusion.Co.Uk
Re: anycontent.php in a 'sidebar'
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 09:37:58 pm »

if you where to place it at the side you do know its only home content and wil be losed when accesing other pages it should be possible i will have ago and if i do it before someone els helps yous i wil post
J U S T T T T

filmar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 09:57:52 pm »

Thanks Just, and I understand that its only in the 'homepage', that is what I want.  :D

The site is http://www.filmar.ftkm.be/album/index.php and it is the 'Welkom...' part that I rather like to see on the left side and not on top like now.

Many thanks in advance,

FilMar

koffee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 11:33:58 pm »

I would like to use the 'anycontent' for some general text and maybe some links and stuff. But I can only define the order where it comes in the 'body'. Is it possible to place it on the left side, with the categories and albums and ... beside it?

Many thanks in advance,

FilMar
I'd like to know it too :-(

humphrey

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • Humphreys Photo Gallery
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 05:06:09 am »

I'm not sure how your site is layed out.
However you can probably insert the following line in your theme.php file, if you can find where you want to put it.
Code: [Select]
<?PHP include "anycontent.php"; ?>For my site, I didn't do it that way.  I just put the links straight into my theme.php file.
Anyway, have a look at my site http://www.humphreysphotogallery.com, and if that's the kinda thing u wanna do, I'll send u my theme.

Humphrey

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 09:02:59 am »

Long version: this is all a matter of theme setup. The content that get's included using anycontent.php goes into the place you defined using the {GALLERY} token in themes/yourtheme/template.html, but you can only determine the vertical position within your settings of "the content of the main page" in coppermine config. If you want some custom code to show up to the left or right of the {GALLERY} section, you simply can not use anycontent.php - that's just not what it was designed to do. Instead, you need a "custom header" (search the forum for this keyword) - that doesn't necessarily need to be on top of something, it can be to the left of the {GALLERY} section as well (as in terms of html mark-up and page creation it comes before {GALLERY}).

Short version: can not be done with anycontent.php, search for "custom header".

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.