Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scrolling FilmStrip Using CSS Overflow---Can Anyone Help?  (Read 6119 times)

litup

• Coppermine novice
Scrolling FilmStrip Using CSS Overflow---Can Anyone Help?
« on: November 23, 2004, 07:47:59 pm »

Hello everyone,

I would like to embed a thumb navigation bar (Sidebar Mod if possible)  into displayimage.php...  It would be very similar to the Sidebar Mod, however it would have three main differences:

1. Users would not have to select or install it, it would be default and embedded.

2. It would show all thumbnails in the current album, nothing else.

3. The layout would be predefined with no user variables or input.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Regards,

Bryan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 12:50:58 pm by litup »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Embed sidebar into displayimage.php
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 03:44:27 pm »

hm, basically you're asking for a left hand menu. There are some themes that come with a left hand menu, and it should be quite easy to modify an existing theme to have the menu at the left (instead of the top). I think there has been a discussion about a tree navigation as well that comes close to what the sidebar does. Please search the board for it.

Joachim

litup

• Coppermine novice
Scrolling FilmStrip Using CSS Overflow---Can Anyone Help?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 03:19:54 am »

Hello Joachim,

Thank you for your response.  I think my original title was misleading.  I would like to modify the "intermediate image display", not displayimage.php. Ok,  I don't wan't a "menu", let me be more specific.  What i was thinking of would be more like a scrolling filmstrip.  Imagine that you had a filmstrip, and the config  was set to show 50 pics.  Normally this would create scrollbars on the browser and disrupt the layout of the page.   However I think it would be possible to apply a fixed width to the filmstrip and using .css overflow attributes, create a scrolling filmstrip that does not disrupt the overall layout of the page.  I know what your going to say, great idea why don't you do it? I've tried, and i'm just not that smart :)  The reason for my request is that my albums have several hundred pictures each and want my users to be able to navigate with a little more ease than the current filmstrip allows.  Having said that, I think Coppermine is without peer and you guys do a great job..

Regards,
Bryan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 12:51:19 pm by litup »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 08:41:36 am »

k, I understand, so you will have to look into some existing code and create from it what you're looking for:
  • There are themes for vertical filmstrips, you probably already discovered them. Use them as a base.
  • Rodinou has posted a css hack for overflow-content in table cells - in fact it doesn't matter what cell you want to have scroll bars on, so I suggest you take a look at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=550.0
The filmstrip will only be visible when browsing through the intermediate sized files (which happens in displayimage.php)...

Joachim

litup

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 12:51:56 pm »

Joachim,

Would you mind if  I reposted my question with a more appropriate/relevant title so that I can get more/better feedback?  Sorry to bother...

Bryan
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 07:50:09 pm by litup »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 01:11:20 am »

that's ok, just edit your first posting's subject on this thread.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.