Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail management  (Read 8454 times)

Phantast

• Coppermine newbie
Thumbnail management
« on: November 03, 2003, 02:18:11 pm »

I've looked for this feature in the documentation but I can't find it. If it does exist, please let me know!

I would like to be able to add to the information that appears under each thumbnail. All that seems to come up, either in an album or in "latest additions" or "random pics" is the date. Not very informative, is it? Under the thumbnail I'd like to put the name of the artist, the title of the picture, the number of views and the rating (if any) as well as the date.

Can it be done?

Another feature which definitely doesn't seem to be present is the custom thumbnail. Why must the thumbnail always show the full image? It would be nice to allow the artist to define a portion of the image as a thumbnail - or even use a different image. I've seen thumbnail creation done by partial selection on the fly in some gallery software; other software allows the user to upload the thumb as a separate file. Coppermine ought to have such an option too.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Thumbnail management
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 02:59:20 pm »

Quote from: "Phantast"
Another feature which definitely doesn't seem to be present is the custom thumbnail. Why must the thumbnail always show the full image? It would be nice to allow the artist to define a portion of the image as a thumbnail - or even use a different image. I've seen thumbnail creation done by partial selection on the fly in some gallery software; other software allows the user to upload the thumb as a separate file. Coppermine ought to have such an option too.
We're working on this feature in the dev version (no idea when it's going to be released). If you want, you can check it out using web cvs.

GauGau

Phantast

• Coppermine newbie
Thumbnail management
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 12:34:05 pm »

Thanks - what about the first idea? It seems to me in my ignorance that having several customisable info fields that can be displayed under thumbnails would be very easy to implement.

On a site where a large number of people are posting images, having the "latest images" display come up with just a mass of image thumbnails with no indication of who posted what, doesn't look so good to the viewer. And sometimes the title is very important, when the viewer may need to be informed what the significance of the image is.

#1 Stunna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 05:07:05 pm »

I've looked for this feature in the documentation but I can't find it. If it does exist, please let me know!

I would like to be able to add to the information that appears under each thumbnail. All that seems to come up, either in an album or in "latest additions" or "random pics" is the date. Not very informative, is it? Under the thumbnail I'd like to put the name of the artist, the title of the picture, the number of views and the rating (if any) as well as the date.

Can it be done?

is there a mod to do this yet or is it possible w/ the default installation?  i would like to show select file information under the latest additions pix.  i searched the board but did not find anything.  thanks.

mstralka

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 02:21:32 am »

What fields do you want to display?  cpg 1.3.2 already lets you choose (from the config page, under Thumbnails section) to display
owner,
# views
# hits
GO IRISH

#1 Stunna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 07:39:59 am »

i'd like to display the image description under it.  also, it would be nice to know how to get custom field info under it (just for reference).  thank you for taking your time to help.

#1 Stunna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 06:53:06 pm »

What fields do you want to display?  cpg 1.3.2 already lets you choose (from the config page, under Thumbnails section) to display
owner,
# views
# hits

where's the code for that located?  if u let me know i can mod the board myself.  i'll post my modifications here.  thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 05:44:33 am »

this is the feature requests board, where requests for features in future versions of coppermine go to. This is not a support board.

Joachim

#1 Stunna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 06:14:25 am »

this is the feature requests board, where requests for features in future versions of coppermine go to. This is not a support board.

Joachim

*beep* kind of answer is that?  just because you're the 'Coppermine Project Manager' does not authorize you to be a cretin.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 06:37:55 am »

'scuse me for replying. Please ignore my postings in the future, as I will do with yours.

Locking this thread now.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.