Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album permissions  (Read 5613 times)

epJaye

• Coppermine newbie
Album permissions
« on: December 07, 2004, 08:24:58 am »

Hello.
I have searched at length for an answer to this question, and do hope I didnt' miss an answer, cuz I dont want to be a pain.

I have cpg132 up and running on my website, no real problems but I seem to want something that isn't possible.

I would like to change an album's permissions to allow only people of a certain group to upload images into the album.  I want this group to upload in whichever album I choose without approval.  I also want to allow registered users to upload into some public albums (where i set the permissions) and their own personal albums without approval.

If I don't set the album permissions to "Visiters can upload" = yes, then my group can't upload.
If I DO set the album permissions to "Visiters can upload" = yes, then I have to set Member's permissions (under groups) to "Public Upload Approval" = 'Yes" to keep them from uploading in a "user group" album.  Which means they would have to get approval on all images uploaded in any public album...right?  

Is there any way around this?  or does it require a modification to the permissions of the album? (would a modification allowing another permission to the gallery allow me to have all that I want?)   Like where it says "visitors can upload files"  perhaps another permission level - Select Group that can upload files...  ?

Thankyou!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album permissions
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 08:41:37 am »

you're right, coppermine doesn't have such a granular permissions system (yet), so what you're up to isn't possible (yet).

Joachim

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.