Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with cpg 1.2  (Read 2761 times)

rindert

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with cpg 1.2
« on: January 13, 2004, 10:04:45 am »

Ive uploaded all the files to http://www.allaccess.nu/gallery
Ive got a problem i have chmodded de dirs:
include
gallery
gallery/userpics

only this show op every time:
Welcome to Coppermine installation
• • • ERROR • • •
Before you continue with Coppermine installation, there are some problems that need to be fixed.

The 'include' directory (located in the directory where you uploaded Coppermine) should be writable in order to save your configuration. Use your FTP program to change its mode to 777.

The 'albums' directory (located in the directory where you uploaded Coppermine) should be writable in order to allow pictures upload. Use your FTP program to change its mode to 777.

The 'userpics' directory (located in the 'albums' directory on your server) should be writable in order to allow pictures upload. Use your FTP program to change its mode to 777.

Once you are done, hit the "Try again" button.

It doesn't works so who can help me?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem with cpg 1.2
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 12:55:06 am »

Quote from: "rindert"
Ive uploaded all the files to http://www.allaccess.nu/gallery
Ive got a problem i have chmodded de dirs:
include
gallery
gallery/userpics
My suggestion is: CHMOD the folder "albums" as requested, not "gallery" (because "gallery doesn't exist) :wink: .

OK, no bullshit (I guess you just made a typo): as you surely have read in the manual, there are some issues with webhosts not allowing their customers to CHMOD properly, so you'll have to try both CHMODing to 755 and 777. Make Sure you have enabled the "recursive" option (may be labelled differently, depending on your ftp program): you'll have to CHMOD the folders "albums" and "include" with all subfolders and all files within.

If everything fails, take a look at the faq, especially on the section How should I write my question?: provide some more information on your server setup, a link etc. pp. if you need help. The way you're asking is the same as if you're phoning your garage, telling them your car broke down, but not telling them where or what part of the car doesn't work... :wink:

GauGau

P.S. next time you post, choose a different subject - will make supporters more inclined to help... :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.