Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hovering Menus Help Intergrate PHPBB, Coppermine & Main Site  (Read 3386 times)

G.willi

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • G.willi
Hovering Menus Help Intergrate PHPBB, Coppermine & Main Site
« on: December 08, 2004, 02:04:53 am »

I've been looking around for ages to produce an easy solution to intergrate all parts of my site and I think I've finally cracked it. Instead of having one main side menu that takes up space or having a menu at the top where u have to keep scrolling to I've managed to make a menu that satisfy's all needs. Using an amazing program from sothink called DHTML menu u can create amazing menu's to interact with your database and PHPBB's sessions. U can have a look at what u can do here http://www.gwilli.co.uk/index.php I would really recomend this program to any one and every one as it's VERY flexible and it's only £24. If you want info on how I made the menu don't hesitate to reply.

Gav

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Hovering Menus Help Intergrate PHPBB, Coppermine & Main Site
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 11:01:50 am »

There are loads of free dhtml scripts out there, check http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for example. I wouldn't pay for something that is available in such great variety for free already, but then it's your decision. The use of dhtml can be tricky, has all kown drawbacks of extensive JavaScript usage and will lead to issues for handicaped users and search engines, as both "groups" can't use DHTML navigation very well.

Joachim

G.willi

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • G.willi
Re: Hovering Menus Help Intergrate PHPBB, Coppermine & Main Site
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 12:55:08 pm »

I know that there's loads of free resources out there but they're not exactly easy to use and configure are they? You could spend hours looking for menu/navigation systems to suite your needs but you'll never find something pre-made to suite your every need it's either that or you learn javascript and make your own. If you have a look at the sothink website and try out a demo of this software you'll see why I suggest it. I've spoken to a few web developers who have (before I showed them the extent of the software) say that they would preffer to search the net for pre-made navigation systems, once shown this software they slowley swallow their pride and admit that the software IS a real time saver and IS easier to use and configure than the built in dreamweaver menu wizard which I admit is pretty crap and most other free menu systems that are available out there. I admit £25 is alot to pay for a piece of software but when it's the difference between a £300 in 3 days compared to £300 in a day the benefits outweigh the costs.

Download a demo GauGau and then tell me what u think.

(by the way the menu's are cross browser compatible)

Gav
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.