Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help moving a album out of "User Galleries/username"  (Read 4497 times)

sparky

• Coppermine newbie
Need help moving a album out of "User Galleries/username"
« on: December 05, 2004, 03:43:08 pm »

Hello,

I created a Gallery for my brother to use.  However when I set him up I forgot to make him an administrator so I guess he could not create an album at the root of the site.  He published an album (under "My Galleries" and spend a lot of time entering comments about his photos.  However now whenever anyone goes to his gallery they have to navigate through User Gallerys/username to get to his album.  How can I fix this?  Keep in mind I am a novice.  I installed Coppermin through my 'control panel' provided by my ISP so I really don't know much about doing anything technical.    I have done searches on this forum and have read the Documentation as well.  If anyone could help me that sure would be great.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 07:35:52 am by TranzNDance »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Need help moving a album out of "User Galleries/username"
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 04:12:09 pm »

You as admin should create a new album where you want it.  Then click on the 'edit files' button next to the album thumbnail for his album.  You can now move each pic to the new album, where they will display with all the comments. 

The only way to move the actual album from userpics is to mess with the database, which is not recommended.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

sparky

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Need help moving a album out of "User Galleries/username"
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 06:11:21 am »

Thanks!  That worked great!  Why didn't I think of that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.