Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Transmission' for cpg1.3.x  (Read 12468 times)

Burpee

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Vuurwerklook.com
'Transmission' for cpg1.3.x
« on: November 22, 2004, 02:47:08 pm »

Hmm... whatever happened to this?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 11:27:21 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 04:56:08 pm »

Hmm... whatever happened to this?
In terms of "is this available for cpg1.3.x?" - not exactly, but could easily be ported: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/coppermine/cpg1.2.1theme_transmission.zip?download plus changes from http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/demo/docs/theme.htm should make it cpg1.3.x ready - please post it if you're up to do the modification.

Joachim

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 09:28:59 pm »

I'll download it and take a stab at it unless burpee wants it.

Burpee

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Vuurwerklook.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 12:58:55 am »

Go right ahead, donnoman :P

I have plenty of other work to do, and I don't really have anywhere to use this theme... I was just looking through some of the stuff on these boards and thought I'd stirr this topic up a bit, because the theme looks worth it ;)

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 05:59:26 am »

Weellll, I've wasted most of my weekend on it, and I can officially say CSS positioning is the pits.

Long live tables!!! I have a screen-shot for you css junkies that I'll post in a new thread, so this one doesn't get laiden down with a tables vs tabless discussion.

OK, the story, I started moving the theme over, I finished the php stuff really quick. Then started working on the html.

I knew I was in trouble when I saw a style named .tablenasty... It was.  (I kid you not, it's in there several times)

The guy was either a genius or a madman, either way, I can't make heads or tails how to open up some room for the {THEME_SELECT_LIST} {LANGUAGE_SELECT_LIST} and {LANGUAGE_SELECT_FLAGS} without all of the tables getting pushed out of joint.

I had also seen where there were a few mentions of the theme being slow. Looking at the graphics it was obvious the person who put it together was meticulous about making the smallest possible images. Good for download times, but bad for making browsers assemble backgrounds out of 2 pixel images.  
The menu's and buttons are all sliced the same way.

So I figure, (after hacking at the html for a few hours) I'll just redo it. I took a screenshot of the layout in a browser, and sliced it up again in photoshop into respectable pieces.  Then I had the bright idea, I will try to do this with CSS. I didn't say table-less, I've already been down that road. So I figured a Table-Light version of the theme might suffice.

I found out really quick that IE was going to be a royal pain, so I figured I'd just get the base working with firefox, and then do a hack session later to make IE work.

Long story short, I hate CSS-P even more now, and a theme that only looks as good as most other CSS driven thems (no offense to some of the other theme builders, but css is broken at this moment, even with the best of the best browser which currently is reputed to be firefox.)  Don't start flames yet, I'll start another thread I promise.

Anyway, that brings me to my current spot. The theme doesn't look bad in Firefox, but IE mangles it horribly.  I'm at a standstill with it, so I'm going to post the theme as is, and if anybody can work with me on cleaning up and hacking the CSS I'd much appreciate it.

NOTE: This theme has already been modified to work on CPG_1.32, however it isn't ready for production.  Transmission.zip should include everything you need.

Not all graphics are from the original author, if you want the original graphics and html, you'll need to download the 1.2 theme for SF.NET.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 04:21:24 am »

Yeah zip it up for me, let me take a look at it.

Perhaps I'll just use your tabled version and just fix some of the graphics.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 08:55:44 am »

[size=18]The superb theme "Transmission" is available in our themes download section:
download the theme - view the demo[/size]

GauGau

Demo dont't work no more. Theme does look really slick though.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 11:14:35 am »

Demo dont't work no more. Theme does look really slick though.

The demo works fine, but it is the latest stable version, 1.3.2, and as this theme has not been updated and submitted for this version yet, it is not shown.

Just like your version on your server, it cannot use themes from other versions.   When the updated theme is submitted here, done and ready for use, I'm sure Gaugau will add it to the demo and 1.3.2 downloads section.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 05:09:08 am »

One of the things I didn't want to do was put the lang_select_list in the left control panel, as it takes up too much horizontal room. Thats what started the table debaucle, and the attempt to re-design in css.

so here it is the almost perfect rendition of transmission for Coppermine 1.3.

I put the theme_select, lang_select, and lang_flags all in a contstruct at the bottom of the page, that matches the look and feel of the rest of the theme.

I used the graphics that I had sliced from my previous attempt with transmission and used tables for the layout in this version.

There is a heavy mix of tables and CSS.

Cool Feature: If the admin decides to not display any of the select_lists or _flags, the "encoding" construct automatically goes away so it doesn't leave an empty "encoding" section.

Theres only one niggling problem still.

IE renders a 3 pixel gap between the first and second row of each of the "control panel", "transmission", and "encoding" tables. (it's present when you view the raw html template in IE as well, so it's not related to information that gets added by coppermine. It's also not coming from the style.css file as I've renamed the css file and it still shows up. BUT ONLY IN IE6. It's maddening.  I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it, but have been unsuccesful.

The theme looks perfect on FF and Opera.

It's barely noticeable in IE, but if anybody can give me some hints on getting rid of it, I'd appreciate it.

This theme is very usuable, but my recomendation at this point is to not post this on the demo site until the 3px gap is fixed.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 'Transmission' for cpg1.3.x
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 11:21:48 am »

Above posts have originally been posted in the thread "     New theme - 'Transmission' for CM-1.2.1 - (dev-post) - I split them from that thread, as they deal with cpg1.3.x
The theme files refered to in this very thread you're just looking at can be only used with cpg1.3.x

Demo - Download

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.