Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable Users and stuff...  (Read 3735 times)

skeezmo

• Coppermine newbie
Disable Users and stuff...
« on: December 04, 2004, 10:37:07 pm »

Hi, I am kind of a newbie at this great software.  I would like to disable all users on my photo album, and make it only my personal album.  Like not have the my gallery links and that kind of thing.  If any one knows how this is possible, or if it is possible, please help me.  Thank you in advance...

:) :) :)Skeezmo

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Disable Users and stuff...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 10:45:02 pm »

In config, say Yes where it says Gallery is Offline. As long as you are logged in as admin, you can view your gallery. Regular viewers cannot access the gallery.

skeezmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 11:16:34 pm »

im sorry what i meant is that any body can view it, it is just that there are now registered users, and no body but me as a gallery.  But i still want anybody to look at it...   ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 12:19:43 am »

First, have you heard the saying "less is more"?   ???  Please, not so many emoticons.

Second, don't allow your users to have personal galleries, and don't allow anyone to upload into any public albums.  Look in your config and group settings.  You should also not allow new user registrations to prevent anyone else from joining your site.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

skeezmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 10:58:45 pm »

sorry about that, but ok..

I think that so far it is working.  If anybody could now help me with my new issue that would be great.  I would like the MY Gallery Button from the Links section removed, or else so it leads back to the homepage.  I have done everything that you said so far.  Please help me again, and thank you...

;) :o ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 11:45:25 pm »

"my gallery" won't appear for unlogged users, there's no point in removing it. If you still think you must get rid of it, edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php, find
Code: [Select]
<a href="{MY_GAL_TGT}" title="{MY_GAL_TITLE}">{MY_GAL_LNK}</a>and replace it with
Code: [Select]
<!--<a href="{MY_GAL_TGT}" title="{MY_GAL_TITLE}">{MY_GAL_LNK}</a>-->
Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.