Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a hack, how to get rid of the albums ?  (Read 2963 times)

andreas969

• Coppermine newbie
Is there a hack, how to get rid of the albums ?
« on: December 02, 2004, 01:45:48 pm »

Hello GauGau,

First, thanks for this great script.
it is very good, it is may i say much too good for me, :) :)
because i dont need the albums.
i have created 35 categorys, and want my users to be able to upload images into those categorys, who will be all public.
So the Albums where not needed.
Now my Question is how do i  do it, is there a hack ?

thx
Andreas

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Is there a hack, how to get rid of the albums ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 02:40:26 pm »

No, not possible.  Categories cannot contain pics by themselves, only albums.

What you should have done, and still can do, is just create 35 albums in *No category*, delete the categories, and your 35 albums will then all show on the front page.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

andreas969

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 05:30:19 pm »

yse, i have thought about that way, but then i have not the hirarchical structure.

an other thing i am thinking is:
to do in every category a public album
and the pics are also in a users own album
is there a hack for this ? i mean the possibility for a pic to be in two albums ?

another question: is it possible to bring the registered user automaticly into the "admin" mode, when he clicks to upload a picture ?
(you know, at least for us germans the admin button normaly is preserved only for the site admin, and so here everyone tries to upload the pic in the normal mode, and gets an error)
Is it possible to get the user automaticly into the admin mode, when he loggs in, or are there reasons not to do this ?

thx
Andreas

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 03:09:21 pm »

If you want hiearchy but you dont want to use categories you only have on option and that is to sort the albums in a way that is suitable for you.
This you can do in the album manager where you make them in the first place. Just use to the arrow buttons in that screen to adjust where a album
is in the list.

If you have given registered users the ability to upload pics then this should work once they login to the gallery. To make them admin is not wise.
The admin button is only viewable by those who are in the admin group. Normal registered users dont see it at all.

Maybe you should rewrite that last request so i can become more clear to us all ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 03:14:43 pm by Hein »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 03:10:42 pm »

another question: is it possible to bring the registered user automaticly into the "admin" mode, when he clicks to upload a picture ?
(you know, at least for us germans the admin button normaly is preserved only for the site admin, and so here everyone tries to upload the pic in the normal mode, and gets an error)
Is it possible to get the user automaticly into the admin mode, when he loggs in, or are there reasons not to do this ?

Whether you are German or English or whatever makes no difference.  If you, the admin, has allowed users to have a personal album, then they will have their own admin buttons.  If you don't allow personal albums, but do allow uploads, they will not have admin buttons, but can still upload.

If your users are getting error messages, I suspect it is because you have not set the album properties to allow visitors to upload.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.