Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving images from one album to another?  (Read 7592 times)

Raph

• Coppermine newbie
Moving images from one album to another?
« on: August 11, 2004, 06:10:40 am »

I was wondering if there was any way to move pictures from one album to another? I'm doing some major re-organization of my gallery and this would help me alot..

OR

is there a way to remove images from a gallery without deleting them off the server?

thanks in advanced!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Moving images from one album to another?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 11:23:07 am »

When logged in as admin, there's a button labelled "Edit files" next to the album thumbnail. Clicking it will lead you to a screen where you can edit your files - there's a dropdown list next to each pic labelled "album" - choose the album the pic should go to and hit "apply modifications". Please read the documentation that comes with coppermine, this is all explained there.

GauGau

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 07:44:05 pm »

I am trying to do the same thing but when I go to the edit files screen, I do not see any album names in the Album drop down.

I have 1 gallery (public) with 2 public albums. Any ideas why I'm having this problem as admin?

I don't have any user albums, but I did see if I create a user album that this function works fine. Is it somehow disabled for public albums?

Thanks,
Mike
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 09:03:36 pm by TheKog »

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
Moving pictures between public albums problem - Please
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 04:03:34 am »

I am trying to move a few pictures from one Album to another but when I am admin in the Edit Files dialog the Album field is blank.

I have 1 gallery (public) with 2 public albums. Any ideas why I'm having this problem as admin?

I don't have any user albums, but I did see that if I create a user album that this function works fine. Is it somehow disabled for public albums?

Thanks,
Mike
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 10:52:42 am by GauGau »

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
Re: Moving pictures between public albums problem
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 05:43:01 am »

Well I don't understand why the albums don't show in the list under the edit files dialog but I figured out a way. I just went into the database and changed the Album ID field. Seems to have worked -- hopefuuly there's no side effects.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 06:11:12 am by TheKog »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 10:28:50 am »

please post a link.

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 10:56:02 am »

merged the two threads you posted in. Thanks for wasting my time.

Joachim

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 07:39:37 pm »

I'm sorry you feel I've wasted your time. I was unable to delete my extra post on this forum.

The site with the issue is www.jaxkayakfishing.com on the Gallery page.

As I said in a previous post I hacked the database myself since there does seem to be a problem. As a longtime OS developer (20+ years) and ex-employee of Cygnus I am a bit surprised at your post. Perhaps you were having a bad day.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Moving pictures between public albums problem
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 01:56:35 am »

Well I don't understand why the albums don't show in the list under the edit files dialog but I figured out a way. I just went into the database and changed the Album ID field. Seems to have worked -- hopefuuly there's no side effects.
There should be no side effects, as moving albums around with coppermine's user interface is doing the same thing.

I'm sorry you feel I've wasted your time. I was unable to delete my extra post on this forum.
If deleting is not an option (we don't allow users to delete their postings, as some tend to delete their question once they got an answer out of sheer selfishness, which quite defeats the idea of having a support forum), you could have edited your post to say "I've posted this on thread xxx as well", or you could have replied to it saying "accidental double post, moderator please merge/delete".

As a longtime OS developer (20+ years) and ex-employee of Cygnus I am a bit surprised at your post. Perhaps you were having a bad day.
I apologize, maybe I over-reacted. But especially if you know how development works, you should try to understand how support boards of an open source project the size of coppermine work, and how to avoid to make the supporters mad...
I willingly give free support if I have the impression the user has done everything he could to find an answer for himself, and he has provided all the information we need to support him. This includes respecting board rules, netiquette and common sense. If the user doesn't respect the rules (maybe because he doesn't know them), I'll tell him about the rules. If I get the impression the user still doesn't respect the rules after having been told, I get reluctant to actually help, because imo not respecting the rules means not respecting the work of all the unpaid volunteers.

Joachim

ValleyTrojan

• Coppermine newbie
I've got a problem which I'm afraid my need to use phpmyadmin to fix
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 08:48:25 am »

I have two albums that for some reason refer back to the same album directory.  I believe I uploaded the pics once using ftp and ran the batch upload.  This is where I made my mistake.  I didn't notice the album I had selected for the batch upload.  When I looked for my pics in the new album, the pics were nowhere to be found.

I deleted the folder containing the pics, reuploaded the pics using ftp and ran batch, this time selecting the correct album.

Here's my problem; the album which I had incorrectly selected the first time has 75 links to no pictures.  It basically shows a red X.

I tried going into edit files of that album and the files would not delete...says "unwritable"

I noticed you mentioned earlier in this post phpmyadmin.  Is this my only solution?  If so, is there some documentation that I can read about using phpmyadmin?

Heres the link http://www.valleytrojan.com/photos.valleytrojan.com/index.php  The ablum is called Valley's Misc and the files in that album are identical to Hawaii 2005.

Thanks for any help or references you may offer.  And thanks for a great product.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 09:01:43 am »

I noticed that there are no files in Valley Miscellaneous, whatsoever.  Have you tried deleting the entire catalog "Valley Miscellaneous" ?  Delete it.  Then recreate it if you need that category.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

ValleyTrojan

• Coppermine newbie
Just deleted the catagory, but the album is still there
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 02:21:21 am »

and I cannot delete it.

I was using one of the Admin Tools and renamed the files.  Hence the reason the files are not named, but they do point to a directory that I need.

I'm going to give PhpMyAdmin a shot.  I found another post somewhere and it gave a little instructions on what to do.  Guess I'll be figuring out the rest.

As soon as I hopefully get this problem corrected, I'd like to update to 1.3.4 as well.

Thanks for your response.

amcorona

• Coppermine newbie
    • DJ Amenity
Deleting album, fixing photos and reuploading album - No new files found
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 10:12:26 pm »

I recently did a batch add from a directory.
I then took a look at the photos and decided some needed some touching up.
I deleted the whole album and that also deleted the files in the source directory where I uploaded the original files.  OK great... That is what I was expecting.

I now have my touched up files and upload them to the same directory using the same file names.
Result on batch import was "no new files found".

I could rename all the files but would rather have the db just purge all references to the old files that were there prior to deleting the first album.

Why does coppermine not really delete all references to files once an entire album has been deleted?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 10:18:10 pm by djamenity »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 06:47:29 am »

once pics exist in coppermine's database, you mustn't fiddle with the files using FTP. Use coppermine's user interface to delete them. If you have named them exactly how they were and at exactly the same position, re-create the thumbs and intermediate pics using admin tools. Batch-add will only add new pics - to coppermine, your pics are not new, they already are in the database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.